cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prerequisites for multi selection value help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

a couple of blogs and forum entries show multi selection value helps in VC. I, on the other hand, have so far been unable to do this. The only option I get in the first step of the value help wizard is the "single selection" type. Even if I start off with a blank form view and add a text input field I cannot choose anything apart from a single selection value help. Is there something I am completely missing? I stumbled upon a note bringing this into connection with OLAP source systems, but I can't quite see why this should change anything since the source system is not selected until step 2 of the wizard.

Any idea on this? Thanks a lot,

Tilman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need an SAP BI system connected as BI, XMLA or ODBO. The BI system has variables that allow single selection, multiple selection, select options etc.

Depending on the definition of this variable, you have more or less options available.

Go into BI, find a query with such variables and use it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps in more detail: it's all about the right starting point. When you search queries in the Find Data Services panel, you will see under the "Query"-node, the node "Structure" and then the node "Variables". This gives you a hint what fields have varaibles.

Drag and drop this query on your story board, then add a form view from the Variables port and right click on the field which shall have the value help (context menu - Add Value help).

Then you are good to go

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

thanks for the hints, I got it working now, regardless of whether you use an OLAP source system, variables or the respective input port, though. It seems to suffice to connect the query directly to a form view to get the additional options. My problem was then that I had a form view connected to a nested iview. I should be able to connect it to both a query and the iview, though.

Thanks for your help,

Tilman

Answers (0)