Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect NWDS to SAP PI 7.31 sp13 Dual stack

bruce2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having trouble connecting the NWDS to a Dual stack SAP PI NW 7.31 sp13. I tested the P4 port using telnet and it connects. But when I try to add the PI system to NWDS I get a popup "The following SAP instance cannot be acceses at present [Host:xxx.xxx.xxx.x,InstanceNr:35]"

I can add other systems such as a portal and our NWDI system. These are pure java though. Is there something unique to a dual stack regarding an NWDS connection?

- bruce

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hoppe,

Please check the following threads for similar issue:

Regards,

Azhar

bruce2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

The advice worked. I did not have the 5xx13 port open. I thought only the P4 port was needed.

Reading through the supplied links we did the following.

1. Opened 5xx13 port in the firewall. P4 port was already open.

2. Had the developer using the NWDS ensure a 32-bit Java was being used. We installed the SAP Java that came with the NWDS install media.

3. Added the PI system to the NWDS using the "Window - Show View - Other - Management Console" path.

4. I tried getting around the OS user login with the service/protectedwebmethods parameter but no success there.

Thank you for your assistance everyone. All the replies were helpful as it gave me a better picture of what is needed.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

Try the links provided by Osman Jabri above. If you have done according to that then it might be because of network constraints.

Go to WIndows->Preference-> search "Network"

Go to Network Settings and then restore default by which it will take the default proxy settings of system. If you are using Windows OS and you are able to SAP PI Tools page in Internet Explorer then default setting in network is fine.

Else you  can manually set network.

Do use the FQDN in the host name.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am assuming that you are doing the following set up for connection.

NWDS - setting the ESR connection - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

accessing the Integration Directory (SAP Process Integration Designer) - Process Integration - SCN W...

Try using fqdn in host or try using ip address directly and see.

Check with basis team if port 13 (5xx13) is enabled.

Did you try to connect to any other system? If not then try connecting to other system and see if it works.

Regards

Osman