cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for data fetching from R/3 for a given dropdown value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am building a form for fetching Material Details.

I have created a simple type in dictionary which contains the Material Value and Material Desc.

Now for example, when the user selects Material Desc (Computer Notebook or Computer Software) then all the details for that material (eg all Softwares) should be listed in another UI element. All these details will have to fetched from the table in R/3 (MARA).

Plz let me know how to proceed.

Regards

Nikhil Bansal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your drop down's selectedKey must be binded to a value attribute inside the model node.To retrieve selected key value on selct of dropdown use the following method: wdContext.current<Node>Element().get<attribute>()

Now you have to pass this value to the second BAPI.

In the same way to set the value to the model node

wdContext.current<second BAPI Model Node>Element().set<attribute>()

regards

deepu

Reward points if data helps or solves your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean to say if you are using Bapi's using Adaptive RFC then you can do as i said, coz i have faced the same problem some months ago.

regards

deepu

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you using BAPI's to get the values from tables?? if yes

Get the data from the first UI element, getXXX() method

and set it as input of the next table (R/3) , setXXX() method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can assign the Input vaiable values as input in R/3 side.

create data element under create domain in that value range tab fixed value 10,20,30 like that desc for short text that is way the creating DDValues. that will be give Variabel and assign as import parameter.

That is the better way

Otherwose u need to create the simple type in dictionary and bind with DDK UI element with the Varible in Dictinary.

Thanks,

Lohi.