cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI for Windows - Local Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to roll out a color scheme for our systems to all users so that there is atleast some difference of colors between test, qa, prod in an effort to reduce mistakes.

However, these colors appear to be all local settings.

On my local system I have devised a color scheme using "Set Color To System...". I would like to roll these same settings out to everyone else. However, I cannot seem to local the local file where these settings are stored.

Would you be so kind as to point of for me where these colors are being stored? I have search my entire hard drive for all files changed today (the day I updated the color scheme) and I find none. I was expecting these to be located either in the c:\program files\SAP or in my SAPWORKDIR. No such luck.

Thank you for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

We wrote an registry edit program, and updating w/ the followings for each system coloring.

WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\SAP\General\Appearance\Systems\NWD\Theme","Enjoy","REG_SZ"

WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\SAP\General\Appearance\Systems\NWD\ActiveColorSetting","New Millennium","REG_SZ"

WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\SAP\General\Appearance\Systems\NWP\Theme","Enjoy","REG_SZ"

WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\SAP\General\Appearance\Systems\NWP\ActiveColorSetting","Bright

dan_pfingsten2
Participant
0 Kudos

Was this the final solution for everyone. Writing to the registry of each users's pc in order to force a certain color for a certain system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the postings.

I have not yet determined where my local color settings by system are really stored. Therefore, we still do not have a method to roll out a standard color scheme by system for all users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

the theme for a specific system ist set by its system parameter "sapgui/theme" (see note 610274) = SAP-System dependend.

The themes themself are defined in the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\General\Appearance\Themes\...) = Client dependend.

The GUI has to be set to "system dependent" in the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\General\Appearance - Theme).

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you able to find out where the files are? I saw the saplogon.ini, but this is this file only define the system login parameters, not colors.

Appreciate if you can reply back to us. Thanks very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

In this context, "Set Color To System..." means your desktop - i.e. it assumes the characteristics of your pc. I'm not saying this is impossible, but I've not seen this done before - setting different colors for different systems. To my knowledge, you can set the SAPGUI to a specific color - but this would apply to all SAPGUI windows you open - regardless of the system connected.

The color schemes provided to you in the SAPGUI come from the folder: C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\themes (or whatever your specific path is).

I'm not sure where these settings are stored - possible in the MDB of the cache for the sap work directory...

-Tim