cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using NetWeaver administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am very new in Using NWA. I have Portal Server(EP 6.0 SP 15) Installed. I want to monitor the local J2EE engine through NWA. Can any one please help as to what are the steps to be followed.

Now when I open System Administration in NWA I get yellow color for the System and System ststus as unknown.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can visit the link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7e/c82c42be6fde2ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm

The above link will surely solve your problem.

Also you can check the following link as told before:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/5528af61-0a01-0010-7dbf-89f34... [original link is broken]

Regards

Sumit Jain

**Reward with points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the links.

But these were for Central Monitoring and I want to monitor only my Local system.

I will explain you once again : I have a WAS + EP server and NWA in this I want to monitor the same WAS server. Local System administration is what I am trying to achieve but what happens is that when I go to administration the System status is displayed as Unknown.

Can anybody help me.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vijith,

I believe that you are talking about the system availability status. Please ensure that the Availability check is enabled for that system.

regards,

Vinodh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

What I am trying to see is that When i log on to http://server:port/nwa and Navigate to System Management -> Administration -> Systems.

Here I can see my local system. But when I click on the system I get status as unknown whereas it should be running. Can you please advise asto what has to be done.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijith,

I trust you have the role LcrInstanceWriterLD assigned to your user id. Please cross check whether you have defined the system in System Landscape Directory (SLD).

Please clarify.

regards,

VInodh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

I dont have the role LcrInstanceWriterAll for my id. I searched for this role in portal but couldnt find.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I assigned the role to my user id still no luck.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijith,

If you have assigned the role and if you have defined the system properly in the SLD then it should work. Please make sure that you have activated the availability check for that system.

regards,

VInodh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

Can you let me know how to activate the availability check for the system?

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navigate to System availability overview. There you will find your unknow system with an Yellow exclamation mark(!) . Click on the left blue square box of that system....In below, you can see the configuration of that system...Select `Enable availability monitoring`

But before acitivating the availabilty check..it is preassumed that you have registered with CCMS ping agent and have completed the process of defining that system in SLD. if not, check with any of the available Netweaver admin guide on ` How to register and activate a new system in SLD`

regards,

Vinodh.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

STEP 1:

There are four special roles available for the use of the NWA:

• SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_CENTRAL

• SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_CENTRAL_READONLY

• SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_LOCAL

• SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_LOCAL_READONLY

As you mentioned that you have to monitor the local system, you can assign the SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_LOCAL role to the user.

STEP2:

In the visual administrator of the local java engine Navigate to SLD DATA supplier option and NWA, now choose the CIM ClientGeneration Settings tab page, and activate the following entries in the list:

sap.com/tclmwebadminmainframewd/webdynpro/public/lib/app.jar

STEP3:

Now you are able to access the NWA and you can Administer your java system form here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijith,

Please visit this link: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/5528af61-0a01-0010-7dbf-89f34... [original link is broken]

Check for courses under beginner courses.

Also to intermediate section and open the SAP tutor for setting up the NWA.

This should be very helpful.

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.