cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Trigger an Alert in Alert Configuration other than Report RSALERTTEST ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There has been an issue in alert configuration where i cannot populate container variables/elements used in short & long text tab into the email

For this

I checked with alert configuration guide where all the steps /measures were followed/taken exactly as the same way mentioned in the guide

I trigger alert using report RSALERTTEST but i can't get container variables filled, let's say RSALERTTEST is only for testing whether we are able trigger an alert /not ? because Gaurav Ranjan in scn,sap.com posted that container variables are not filled and are sent empty when we trigger alerts using RSALERTTEST.

Are there any alernatives to trigger an alert as well as get the container variables filled/populated?

Are there any places to look for where discussion will have right justification?

I want to test my alert and i want container variables used in short & long text tab to be get populated can any 1 help me out

Please refer for more piece of info to get clarity on question:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you see when message fails in PI?

are you able to get the alert mail with container variables filled for failed message?

testing alert with report wont populate some container variables like message ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muniyappan Mara samy

I am able to see email coming but with all container variables used in are not filled

In where did this error occur i used radio button "No restriction "

I trigger alert using report

as u said if it wont populate then how can they be populated ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must make sure that the user's language it's the same that the alert's language.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I maintained it to English

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Go through the below link you'll get the solution.

Regards,

Suhale S.