Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebService > PI 7.3 > JDBC no response

former_member540174
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have several different web services all with the same situation.  We have a webservice to PI7.3 which calls and Oracle Database for queries or inserts.

This situation we are doing an insert.  I can see in the database the insert is happening as there is new data showing up. I then in the response get a mapping error as there is no information being passed back (my assumption) error indicates required field has no data.  Another situation we are quering the data inserted. I can see in PI where the query was successfully delivered.  But again no response RWB shows no other activity which IMO I should have that would be showing the response containing the data. The receiving program shows no data returned.

Sample Insert's Operation Mapping - Request and Response --there is a fault too but I didn't include a picture of that.

Thoughts on what I missed since both web services have the same lack of response issue?

Regards,

Diane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diane

How did you create your response structure? For JDBC adapters standard structures are defined and DT should be created in that format only, else it wont work.

Check if you have created the response structure the same way shown in this.

Regards

Osman

former_member540174
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much.... For anyone who hits the issue where JDBC isn't returning information it's about capitalization or the lack of it.  Per the document referenced above

"This is the trickiest part of the configuration and where most of us go wrong. The JDBC adapter when sending its response back will create a Message Type of the same name as the request message with a _response appended to it." ....don't get caught it means _response and not _Response

Thank you ~ Diane

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,