cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Innovation Discovery for SAP Products tool help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - I can't find any sap notes about this tool.  When looking for the BFP (Business Function Predictor) tool, it stated that that tool was now replaced w/ this Innovation Discovery for SAP Products tool..

When trying to use it though, I can't find my BW3.5 system in the list of systems.  I see a bunch of ERP systems, SCM, CRM, etc - but can't find my BW3.5 (NW2004) system.  Does this tool work for non-ERP type systems??  Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BorisZarske
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ben,

In SAP Innovation Discovery, you will find a Help button in the top right corner that links you to the corresponding guide. There, the following information is provided:

"Innovation Discovery contains only Business Suite innovations."

So, I fear that this is the reason for your issues in finding SAP BW in there. Unfortunately, all experts that I know for this topic are at SAP d-code in Las Vegas, but I will try to get more details in the next days. If I should get more information about possible future plans in this direction, I will let you know by adding another comment here.

Best regards,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris - appreciate it - think you are right on.  Guess the thinking is that NW is so simple we don't need this extra insight?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In the system specific tile, i am able to see the number of innovations that are available and relevant for my system.when i click on the blocks or the numbers i am not able to see the list of the innovations that are present.I want to see the list of innovations applicable to my system so that i am able to analyse which of the innovation can be implemented based on the priority identified.

Link to any documentation is welcome.

Regards

Sumit

0 Kudos

Hi Sumit

please note that the following documentation is available via help on Innovation Discovery itself:

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/ProductFeatures/InnovationDiscovery/ID_Doku_FINAL.pdf

As for the system specific tiles by clicking on the tile /number given you will access the list of innovations that match to the very system + match category (high impact i.e.)

Would you want to have a call on this topic?

Kind regards, Sue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

Thank you for replying to my query.I have already referred to the document you mentioned in the link.

I have followed the steps specified in the document and i also see the system specific tiles.

It would be great if we can have a call on this and i can get the doubts clarified.

Do let me know how i can set up the call based on your availability.

Thanks

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

You may send me a private message with the call details.

Regards

Sumit

0 Kudos

Dear Sumit, how about tomorrow morning, 830 CET?

Kind regards, Sue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

That sounds good to me.If you wish  you can share the dial in details via Direct  message to me.Since i am now following you.You will be able to send me a direct message.

Many many thanks for this.

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

Please Share your email id with me and i can send  a note to you with dial in details.

Thanks

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Appreciate any help on this please

Thanks

Sumit

0 Kudos

Hi Ben

please note that in Innovation Discovery´s system-specific part you can only view data of productive Business Suite Systems for which EWA data has been submitted by the very customers.

As innovations and features right now displayed on Innovation Discovery are limited to SAP´s Business Suite we could of course not map any system information to any other - non-existing- content.

Plans are to also have Technology product information on innovations and features available, but this will most probably not be available before end of this year. As to the system-specific part it is not yet clear whether this will be enhanced for non-Business Suite products.

Kind regards

Sue Schneider

Product Design Innovation Discovery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

I was refering to the document 'SAP Innovation discovery'  and it mentions about activation of  submission of EWA data, as you have already mentioned in your post above.

I have a question on this.

Do we still need to upload  ST03N file as it was earlier done for Business Function Prediction.

My goal is to generate  report similar to the one which was earlier generated as part of the Business function prediction functionality.

Do share any link to the documentation that can help me on this.

Appreciate any help on this.

Regards

Sumit

0 Kudos

Hi Sumit

please note that transactions used with the ranking of how often these are used are part of the high business impact and return to standard tile of Innovation Discovery, already having this information out of the EWA data that are published of productive Business Suite Systems.

No need to send in a st03n report as formerly done with Business Function Prediction.

kind regards, Sue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

Thank you for answering this.This will be of immense help

Regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In  system specific tile, i am able to see the number of innovations that are applicable to the systems in the landscape.In my case the ERP and SCM systems are visible.

I see the number of High business impact innovations.Similarly the  number of not active or less used  available innovations are available.However i am not able to see the details of these innovations when i click on the numbers.

Do suggest if i am missing some authorization or doing the process incorrectly.

Thanks

Sumit