cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access ESR/ID Java webstart error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I can access ESR and ID seamlessly without any problem while i am in the clients network, but unable to acces either of them through VPN. Tried with java 1.6 and 1.7.

Cant be a problem with VPN as my collegues can access and work with ESR n ID through VPN.

I have tried restoring archives and regenerating new signature , n restarting but to no avail.

The exact error is , Unable to launch the application ,ERROR : Connection refused : connect

I have checked with the client , there is no firewall blocking the users from accessing.

Please can anyone shed some light on this.

Thank you.

Regards,

Mudassir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After being bugged by it for so long i found the root cause which was in my case was this VPN (Checkpoint ) which was conflicting with the one used to connect this client, without even running in the background. After uninstalling i havent faced any problem whatsoever in connecting.

Regards,

Mudassir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prem_a
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mudassir,

Please provide information on which version of PI are u using.

For PI 7.0 - JVM of version 1.4.2 is what is to be used.

For PI 7.1 & above - JVM version above 1.6 can be used.

Check the Java Web Start console for the default JVM being used. Java Web Start console can be found in System--> Control Panel --> Java.

This issue is purely based on a conflict with JRE installations in the machine.

Please check the following

Troubleshooting PI ESR and Integration Builder Logon Issues - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards

Prem A

Former Member
0 Kudos

My apologies for an incomplete query.

Its PI 7.4 , was using 1.6.23 earlier and now using 1.7.21, both work without any problem locally but nt through VPN.

prem_a
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mudassir,

To me this looks like authorization issues with your VPN profile. Please check with your Network

team on the access you have while logging in from VPN.

Chk these threads

As mentioned in the 2nd thread, check the Java Control Panel --> Network Settings.

Regards

Prem A

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mudassir,

Connection refuse is network issue, i would suggest the below steps..

1. Try to use your VPN on some other system (where PI is working) and check if issue is with VPN
  2. Try some other VPN (which is working) on your system.

The problem seems to be more on system/vpn.

regards,

Harish