cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIC Survey Templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone share some insight on how to create Survey Templates in EIC. I used the wizard to create a simple template, but I find it most unintuitive. The terminology is bizarre, they ask for columns and column-values, categories, elements, ... None of these seem relavent.

All we want is a few simple questions with a list of values for each one.  Where do I even enter the text of the question? The Description tab seems to be useless, I entered a description in it, and it gave me a warning that it will not be displayed. There is no option to make it display the description.

At the end I was able to create a half-working template (see attachment).

After running the report RPHREIC_FEEDBACK_SURVEY and generating the link, I got this survey (see attach 2). The survey questions are not showing, the form is not editable, the format of the survey is unacceptable by the business (no logo, header info, etc.)

At this point, I'd much rather build a simple BSP page to display the survey and store the data into a z table.

If anyone can help guide me to the right way of creating a simple template I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Ramin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So... is there a way to have a text on the Survey that is more than 40 chars long?....

Our text is:  "How would you evaluate EIC agent's knowledge?"

The text is cut-off because Criteria Group (where we entered the text) is only 40 chars long.

The text should also be language-dependent, like anything else in EIC. Do we have to create one survey for each langauge?

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They are based on the SAP Performance Management templates and very easy to customize if you are familiar with HCM.

To much to detail out here but would recommend you work with a consultant that understands ERP EIC and the technology around it.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret,

I understand EIC ERP technology inside out, I worked with SAP to build the EIC framework initially.

But the Survey template component is foreign to EIC. It was I guess really meant for employee appraisals, not surveys.

I'll try to find someone that is familiar with appraisals. But it is really not suitable for employee surveys, the category modeler it uses is much too over-kill, without providing simple features like formatting your survey page.

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramin, if you know ERP EIC inside out you would know this as it was released in 2006 with the first version of the offering so it is in not "foreign" as it is the technology that SAP chose to "re purpose" to deliver the survey functionality.  The survey template can be highly customized and is being used successfully for customers handling over 300K cases a year.

There are also several very good configuration guides on how to set it up and fully maximize the functionality available for partners.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if it's "highly customized", can you tell me how to enter a survey question that's more than 40 characters? Or how I can put Survery Title at the top of the web page? or a logo?

The EIC was built on SAP's IC framework using BOL/Genil structure and MVC design, earlier than 2006. Modules like Surveys that were included are intrinsictly foreign to this framework as they do not possess BOL architecture.