Cycle Counting in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a question related to cycle counting in WM

The physical inventory settings in MM are configured

For A 12 times interval is 20 days

In WM storage type cycle counting is selected with continuous inventory

There are now 2 materials in Bins with indicator A. In LX26 the bins are not selected. Please note that this is a new SAP system. The PI is being done for the first time. If I change the setting for A indicator to 20 times then the Bins are selected. Could you please explain why for todays date I am unable to do cycle counting in LX26 with the setting for A as 12 times.

Regards

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What date range did you enter in the selection screen of LX26? Your next inventory date is probably outside the entered date range.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

Thanks for the reply.

PFA the screen shot. How can I find out the valid date range? Since this is the first time.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see the field "Inventory in period"

where you have covered just 1 week

the year has 52 weeks.

If you do 12 counts a year, then you should have a period from 24.10.2014 to 24.11.2014

If you want count every week, then the range of just one week is okay, but then you do not need to wonder about an  item which is not included in the first week, it can be in any of the 4 weeks of a month, depending on the last count date and the time past since that day.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in addition to the point highlighted by Jurgen your date range should be based on Total factory calender days / No of times per year.

Suppose in your case if the the total factory calender value is 365 days and you want to count 12 times in a year then

365 /12 = 30.41 days

So in your selection screen difference in between From and To date range should be 31 days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

Thanks a lot for your answer. Appreciate your support.

Regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Manish your answer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are doing PI for first time for A class article then it should be shown in output, what exactly you are specifying on selection screen and which radio buttons you are selecting on selection screen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kamal,

I have attached the screen shot.

Regards

Naveen