Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise duty values in Excise invoice for Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I have noted the following scenario in our SAP system.

While creating Excise invoice for Sales order, if assessable value is maintained for that material, system takes that Assessable value as base value for Excise duty calculation (i.e, in table field J_1IEXCDTL-EXBAS - Excise Duty Base Amount, assessable value is considered).

System is NOT considering the PR00 price maintained in Sales order item price conditions if assessable value is AVAILABLE for that material in Material Master. It is considered only when assessable value is '0.00' in Material master.

But our Finance people are suggesting that it is wrong & for all cases only Sales order item PR00 price condition to be considered.

Please suggest why system behaves like this?

Which value should the system consider?

Is this SAP standard behaviour?

Any configuration do we need to do?

Awaiting your responses.

Have a nice day, thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP SD Billing to Internationalization and Unicode.

I believe your client are into TAXINJ in which case only, you need to maintain the Assessable Value.  Coming to your query, yes system would consider excise duty only based on Assessable Value you and not from PR00 value.  This is how SAP would function.  On the other hand, if your client are into TAXINN, let me know where you have maintained the Assessable Value.

G. Lakshmipathi