Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create VA01 or MM01 or any create operation

vijaybhaskarraju_vegesana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Please help me on the below scenario:

I designed a completely new screen with text boxes and Script buttons which consists of mandatory fields which are required to create Purchase requisition.

In most of videos I see how to copy values from text boxes and paste the  same in the other text boxes using recording procedure.. Suppose I have a two Text fields and when I hit my custom Script button, I need to capture these two values and send this to my back end. In scripting which one do I need to use, Copy value or Enter Value.. Please guide me on this or provide me related links.

Thanks,

Vijay V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Copy Value to copy them, navigate to where they need to go, then use Paste Value.

Enter Value is for sending literal text, not for sending copied values.

Steve.

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your quick turn around, please confirm the below steps.

1) Recording is completed

2) I Uploaded code to Script button

3) Assume that First and Second are my text boxes names

4) So, In my code Copy Value I will write as First and navigate to that field and why here we need to use Paste value when I want to send the same copied value to the back end.

Please suggest !!

Vijay V

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You say you've seen recordings that show you how to do this. Have you followed the process described in those recordings? What happened? What didn't work? Have you seen this: , which pretty much matches the process you are describing.

Steve.

Active Participant
0 Kudos

I tried with reference to above link which you mentioned, I am doing the copy value by navigating to the text field and when I click on script button I am getting popup saying that "no data has been changed".

Let me try again with other possible options available. Thanks.

Vijay V

nmkarthikeya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Might help if you paste your script here.

Regards,

Karthikeya

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Creation is working now.

Let me know one thing, like in front of every copy value do we need to add refresh screen.

Its not getting refresh in my screen. Fetching data from backend is not working for me..For the first time it is working, but for the second time the values are not getting refresed in the screen. help me on this.

As mentioned in the above link, if I put refresh, its not triggering to the back end..

Thanks,

Vijay V

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need a refresh each time you navigate to a new screen, not before each copy. Putting it before each copy will work, but it affects performance. Your script will run more slowly if you do that.

As Karthikeya said, show your script here and it will be easier for us to help you.

Steve.

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Sending PR number to back end from the text field 'PRnumber'.

From the backend, fetching the ITEM  and pasting in custom text field, below is for reference.only for the first time it is working. next time personas screen is not getting refreshed.

Thanks,

Vijay V

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your first snippet you are copying text from a custom field to a standard field on the same screen, and then pushing a button. Is that right? Which screen is this?

And in the second one you are doing a copy from a standard field into a custom field again on the same screen. Is this the same script? If so, this is all happening on the same screen the script starts on.

It seems like there might be some navigation missing here, somewhere. Or am I misunderstanding what's going on?

Steve.

Active Participant
0 Kudos

the first point is correct.

second point is right, it is the same script. What would be missing here Steve? any pointers?

Thanks,

Vijay V

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The script as you have it is copying and pasting between fields on the same screen, with no navigation to other transactions or screens. That doesn't sound like what you're wanting. Typically you would copy some data, run a transaction and paste the copied data there, run the transaction for a bit, copy some data and navigate back to where you started to paste. As in the document I posted a link to up above. Notice how in that video, Tobias record himself driving SU01 to  display the required data? It is that navigation through the transaction you are missing.

What are you trying to achieve?

Steve.

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Let me try again steve..

Vijay V

Answers (0)