cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE_2 to process the POD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I know this question has already been asked so many times, but I could not find an answer to this question hence starting a new discussion assuming consultants who experienced the same problem earlier may have got the solution now. (as I cant re-open the old post hence have to open new one)

I'm using this bapi WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE_2 to process the POD for outbound delivery, but I can't figure out what to pass to change the status from A to either B or C.  in table VBKOK_WA there is a field PDSTK which I assume is for updating the POD status, but when I execute the BAPI, it updates my POD quantities ,but it does not update my status.  Is there any other way than BDC.

please help.

Regards,

Nilanjana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Finally I found the issue and updating here..

If Segment E1EDL53 of IDOC STPPOD has not been compressed before processing it, the structure T_POD gets populated with null values which causes IDOC to fail with message 'Field GRUND empty', hence segment E1EDL53 has to be compressed before processing if there is not deviation in delivery quantity.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

If you are looking to simply confirm the POD entirely without idoc, you can run WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE_2 with the following parameters:

Table VBKOK_WA:
       VBELN_VL = Delivery Number
       PODAT = Date
       POTIM = Time
       KZPOD = ‘B’
COMMIT = ‘X’
DELIVERY = Delivery Number
0 Kudos

It's also important to note that the WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE_2 has never been officially released by SAP. Therefore, depending on your version / EHP, it might not work.