cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug IDOC from PI to Target System.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How can I debug Function Module RH_INFTY_OF_IDOCSEG_TYP_GET.

I have an IDOC coming from Send System, through PI, to Target system. Message type HRMD_A. In this IDOC one of the infotypes is enhanced to include an additional field eg. P0019-ZZFIELD.

When this leave the Sending system this field has a value eg. ‘04’. In PI this field is successfully mapped to P0019-ZZFIELD, and I can see in the XML output that this has the correct value.

When this IDOC arrives in the Target system this field has no value i.e. when I view it in WE02 this field is empty. I am certain this is occurring because of T777D where I have maintained IDOC segment as E1P0019, and 2nd IDOC segment as ZL_E1P0019. The second IDOC segment of course has my new field therein.

I have coded an enhancement at the start of Function Module RH_INFTY_OF_IDOCSEG_TYP_GET to ensure that the correct IDOC segment is being used but this doesn’t seem to work.

I know how to debug from WE19 i.e. after the IDOC has arrived and it is visible in WE02, then it can be reprocessed and debugged. The problem is that this doesn’t help me as I need to see how the data is getting into the IDOC segments i.e. between PI and WE19.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

if the field P0019-ZZFIELD is mapped in PI then you can check in SXMB_MONI of sap pi (in case of dual stack) or message monitoring (in single and dual stack).

If you are not able to view output message in sxmb_moni then increase the trace level of pi (from sxmb_adm).

regards,

Harish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

I think you have 2 options:

1. use XPI Inspector to make sure field is filled when leaving PI. As you are seeing it filled in monitoring I think it's rather safe to assume that the error is not within PI (if I understand you correctly)

2. Make sure you actually have extended the IDoc sucessfully following this guide IDoc-Schnittstelle / Electronic Data Interchange (BC-SRV-EDI) - SAP Library

HTH

Cheers

prem_a
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

Is the extended segment header value getting displayed in WE02 of the target system or the segment itself is missing?

1. In PI IR/ESR --> Message Mapping-> Test option input the source XML message & run transformation & see if the mapping returns the expected result i.e the IDoc segment ZL_E1P0019 & values are getting displayed in the target structure.

2. In PI ID check if the interface determination, receiver agreement are using the extended IDoc.

Regards

Prem A