cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Stolrage Location default for a paticualr order type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have a scenario where Storage location is automatically picking as 0004 for all the order type this is ok, but for particular one order type i want to change this as 0003 now we are changing this manually at the   delivery line item level i need to pick this automatically

please advice me how can we done this

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can add the condition to your existing User Exit of Storage location determination at sales order level.

Add this condition like if (VBAK- AUART= XX then it should determine the storage location 0003) to your existing logic so that system will determine the 0003 automatically when the sales order is created with XX

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

If you don't mind could you please kindly explain me the steps so that i can test, this is way is not a particular user specific right? i need this for common

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be knowing on what logic storage location would be determined in delivery.  From your post, it seems, already some exit is in place to fetch the storage location automatically in sale order as, automatic storage location determination, with the standard configuration is possible only in delivery and not in sale order as mentioned by you.   Most probably, USEREXIT_SOURCE_DETERMINATION in program MV45AFZB would have been included in your system.  So ask your technical team to add this logic also in the same exit.

G. Lakshmipathi

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, this is not user specific this condition will add to the existing logic of determine the storage location by default 0004 at sales order level.

by adding this logic to existing program system will determine 0003 when sales order is created with specific order type XX and when sales order is created with other order types any way system will determine 0004 with existing logic.

this is something done by ABAP'er , explain the logic to ABAP'er he will add to existing user exit.

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinu,

thanks a lot for your reply, for that particular XX sales order type  storage location must determine at the the time delivery of delivery creation is this logic will work?? VBAK- AUART= XX

it seems it will determine only at the order level so please kindly tell me the logic to determine at delivery level

Thanks

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At delivery level usually with standard configuration system determine the storage location automatically with out need of any customization.

In your case i assume you have activated the user exit to determine the storage location 0004 automatically  in sales order for all the cases.

Now if you want to put some condition as per your requirement mentioned above better mention the logic in the existing EXIT as per me not possible determine the above storage location at delivery level it display at order level then that will be copied into delivery.

PLEASE NOTE : NOT REQUIRED TO DETERMINE THIS AT DELIVERY LEVEL AUTOMATICALLY because what ever it is determeind at order level the same will be copied into DELIVERY.

Don't understand why you want to determine this STL 0003  only in delivery  when the order is created  with XX and for rest of all order types you want to determine at order level please answer this?

Please let me know Is the storage location is determining automatically at order level or delivery level?

thanks,

srinu.

Message was edited by: Srinu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinu,

currently at order level no storage location determining automatically  for particular order type.

only at delivery level storage location 0004 determine automatically

but customer wants that storage location to determine 0003 instead of 0004 at delivery level

there's no requirement from customer to determine storage location at order level currently it not determining also

please let me know if u still not clear

thanks

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you had mentioned this in begenning we would not have talked alot until now.

This is very much standard you can do it in the below path:

The Logic for Automatic determination of Storage location is combination of Shipping Point + delivering Plant  + Storage Condition ( material master) = Storage Location.

Path: IMG --> Logistic Execution --> Shipping --> Picking --> Determine Picking Location --> Assign Picking Location.

Here you can maintain the required combination so that system will pick the relevant storage location.

Please note based on the above path you CAN NOT determine based on Sales order type:

and also note first check how the storage location is getting determined at the time of delivery creation, if you find that storage location is getting determined based sales order type along with some other conditions then definitely it NOT standard, some EXIT would have been implemented if so please try to add the above condition into the existing logic.

thanks,

Srinu.

Message was edited by: Srinu S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

adithya_velide
Participant
0 Kudos

HI.

Have you tried with different storage location determination.

for example if you want to determine 0003 for only for particular order type then,

maintain different shipping conditions (03 example) then determine shipping point by using this shipping conditions(03) .  And with this shipping point , determine your storage location.

I think this will be fulfill your requirement.

please give your feedback,

adithya