Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ASE System copy

former_member197078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai,

I Want to Make a System Copy of  BI in the same server with different Instances , Operating System Is Windows Server 1012 R2 and Database is Sybase. I want to know which option to chose in SWPM, I tried  both used SAP SAP Business suit 7i Support Release 1 and SAP Netweaver 7.4 Support Release 1. It get me error assertions Failed 103 i made all the System copy as Below mentioned. I need help regarding system copy

General Technical Preparations

1). Check the minimum kernel patch level required by the support package level of the source system

2). No canceled or pending update requests should be in the system. Check this by choosing ToolsAdministrationMonitorUpdate (transaction SM13).

1). If canceled or pending records exist, you must update these again or delete them. Check whether this action was successful using transaction SE16 for table VBDATA

3). Set all released jobs from Released to Scheduled:

ToolsCCMSBackground ProcessingJobs - Overview and Administration (transaction SM37)

4). Adapt the operation mode timetable to make sure that no switching of operating modes takes place while a system is being copied as follows T-Code SM63

5)Before the export, delete QCM tables from your system as follows

1). Call transaction SE14

Procedure

Log on to the system as a system administrator in a productive client.

Call transaction SE38 and run the program SMIGR_CREATE_DDL

Select the target database. Depending on the database manufacturer, you might need to select the database version. The value help supports you in selecting the database version. You should only enter a database version that is available in the value help.

Select Unicode Migration if you also wish to perform a Unicode system copy (from Unicode to Unicode) or a Unicode conversion (from non-Unicode to Unicode).

Specify an empty working directory to which the files generated by the report are to be written.

If required, you can restrict the generation of DDL statements to specific table types or individual tables.

Execute the program.

The DDL statements are generated and written to the specified directory. From there, the installer copies them to the <export dump directory>/ABAP/DB export directory

Can i Get any Guide for proper homogeneous System copy for Sybase and Windows Server R2

Regards

Sunil Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

Note 1591387 - SYB: Homogeneous Systemcopy Sybase ASE

Information on backup and recovery of an SAP system on SAP Sybase ASE:

SAP Note 1611715 -SYB: How to restore an SAP Sybase ASE database server (Windows) and

SAP Note 1618817 -SYB: How to restore an SAP Sybase ASE database server (UNIX)

Regards,

V Srinivasan

former_member197078
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivasan,

Thak you for your Reply,

the Note which you have given , 1591387 it's not released, when i search. Sybase database back up in need is to back to Tape drive.

Have you done the System Copy in Win Server ans SAP ASE, Because i had tried the guide but it not working... hope to get more information on System Copy

Regards

Sunil Roy

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil

1. What you are trying & not getting ? is this any error message?

2. Could you refer the SAP Note

1904595 - SYB: NW 7.40 system copy with target SAP Sybase ASE

BR

SS