cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem loading IDOCs with SAP Business Connector 4.7 (works in 3.52)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a flow in our current 3.52 SAP BC installation that is working fine. We bring in XML data and it converts it to an Idoc and loads it into SAP without any problems. however, when I installed 4.7 on our test system and ran the same flow, I get the following error:

com.wm.util.coder.InvalidDatatypeException: com.wm.lang.xml.WMDocumentException: Invalid IDocXML document: Only segments are allowed on top level, found non-segment E1EDK01

Can anyone give me an insight as to what this might be? We are trying to move everything into production this weekend and I need to have this solved before then. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Demon,

but what's the issue ?

did you try to debug with <b>savetopipeline/restorefrompipeline?</b>

this will tell you everything

you can always try to upload the IDOC once more inside BC 4.7

(via SAP or via XSD/DTD)

but at first I'd do the debugging - this way you will find the error

very quickly

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

That's my problem. I don't know what the error means. This structure is definitely legitimate and it works today in 3.52. I'm just wondering why the Decode service fails now with this error with nothing else changing.

Can you give me a little more advice on using the debugging option you suggested?

Thanks,

Damon

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check those two services that I mentioned (save/restorefrompipeline)

then you can easily debug inside BC developer

and find the error - it's very easy to use them

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ye michal , i too suggested the same , try to reimport the structure and check , sure it should work.

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chilla,

I'm looking for the save/restorefrom pipeline service now. But in the meantime, can you tell me what you mean by "Re-import the structure"?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

yes inside BC you have IDOC records

you can delete them and import once more (with the same name)

and try then

I worked only with BC 4.6/4.7 and everything works correctly

BTW

remember to have an archive of your BC package before doing any changes

one more thing - <b>did you import latest SP packs for BC server/developer?</b>

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz try to reimport - Idoc xml structure into IR .did i say any thing not related??

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry about my confusion on this guys, but do I re-import these IDOC records from within the Developer? I'm confused because I don't remember doing this before, but it's been awhile, so I suppose it's possible.

All I did was export the package from my 3.52 installation and load it into my 4.7 installation. Is there anything else I should be looking for? It definitely fails in the "decode" service.

Thanks,

Damon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

reimporting the IDOC XML structure means ,after u log in to Integration Repository,reimport thr IDOC again under imported objects,when u start working with IDOC or RFC,you have to import them in IR and if u make any changes in them then u have to reimport them again in IR just to keep both IR and IDOC in sync.

thanx

ahmad

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

he's talking about business connector

but it's quite similar in this case but you need to do it from

BC developer

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I just downloaded SR8 for BC47 and installed it. I went through the instructions and I also tried to re-import the IDOC definition. However, when I go to the Developer and select Idoc Definition, I get a window that has my server name in it. I put int he idoc type (Orders05), and when I click "Lookup" I get the following:

Idoc problem

com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: Could not find IDoc ORDERS05 in SAPTST

Does anyone have any ideas on this? All your help is appreciated and I will be thrilled just to get the decode to work and load the IDOC into SAP.

Thanks,

Damon

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just use the DTD or XSD from SAP (WE60) and import it to BC

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

Well, I installed SR8 for 4.7 and I reloaded the IDOC dtd from SAP using WE60 as you sugested. Unfortunately, I'm getting the exact same error before. Whenever I get to the decode step, the flow fails.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Damon

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry no other idea without testing/checking it myself

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

Ok, I may have it narrowed down to the cause, but I don't know how to fix it.I am working on the flow and I notice on the record in question is giving the @segment field a value of "1" instead of E2EDK01. All the other segments look to be correct. This definitely looks to be the problem, but how do I get the Developer to populate this field correctly for the E1EDK01 record? Do you have any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Right now, I have the Set Value command on that field and the drop-down box shows a "1" in it. All of the other segments have this same mapping, but they are coming out fine. Any thoughts? I hope this is as easy as it sounds. thanks again for all your help.

Damon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope it should work.

Why dont you try the same external definition reimport and check.i mean same idoc-xml structure is existed or not, try to import the idoc-xml structure and check.

Regards

Chilla