cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Router and PI Integration Builder SXMB_IFR

jmoralescalvo
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have found some information about this but I have yet not found the correct information. I want to use the transaction SXMB_IFR utilizing SAP Router outside of my company's network. How do I include this in my host file. For the sake of the discussion, lets say that the SAP Router String is /H/201.218.215.202/H/ and the IP address for the PI is 192.168.0.1

Thanks,

Jose

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuanDK78
Participant
0 Kudos

This is the pattern you can follow:

/H/sap_rout/H/your_rout/W/pass_to_app/H/yourapp/S/sapsrv

I will assume the port PI is running on is: 50000 and the SAP router is accessible form the external network without a counter part SAP router.Then you string could look like this:

/H/201.218.215.202/H/192.168.0.1/S/50000

You can find more reference information here: Route Strings - SAProuter - SAP Library

jmoralescalvo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Juan,

Thanks for the information, but would this be how I would put it in the Windows host file?

Thanks,

Jose

JuanDK78
Participant
0 Kudos

Setting up the SAPRouter service is a Basis task, adding entries to you host file will not help you if the saprouters services and the PI/PO  are not setup correctly. I have only seem this done to open support connections for SAP OSS technicians.

In most of the Enterprise Installations we use Citrix to use the ESR and ID in the Integration Builder.

Another Alternative, will be using SAP Wed-dispatcher in a DMZ zone, tunneling the request to the internal PI system, but you will need to have some service filtering to make sure the PI system is well protected. Setting up a Web-dispatcher has a double use, because a Web-dispatcher will also enable to use the PI for B2B interfaces, with an easier landscape to manage unique host names, urls and certificates. This is very useful during upgrades.

Personally, I think that even setting up a VPN could be easier than what yo are trying to achieve.

Answers (0)