cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to load the total weekly forecast

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I bring goods from Factory to my country. Both are managed in the same SAP.

Factory see my forecast, and every day TLB suggest how much it is needed to load for my country and when.

TLB propose load every day, and propose to load only the quantity of 1 day of forecast. Problem is that I only have 1 truck per week. I would need that TLB propose load once per week, and besides I need TLB propose to load the weekly forecast.

I would appreciate if someone can help me,

Thank you very much in advance,

Julia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

I would like to confirm if possible your SNP planning process. Below you have the standard steps:

1. Release forecast from DP to SNP (time bucket weeks)

result - forecast are available in SNP planning book with time bucket week

2. Run SNP heuristic with time bucket week

result - SNP Pl.Orders are created and your capacity in infinite

3. Run SNP capacity leveling (time bucket weeks)

result - finite SNP production plan, work centers = 100%

4. Run deployment (time bucket weeks)

result - the produced quantities are available for distribution (week quantity)

5. TLB

result - TLB will combine the quantities confirmed by deployment in the truck based on the created TLB profile

If all this cycle is done with SNP time bucket profile week you should have just 1 shipping per week available for TLB. However with TLB you have to confirm the order and ship date. So, you can control the weekly shipping number.   

Thanks.

Regards, Marius 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marious,

Thank you very much for your answer. Very useful. I will send to IT department, because they can't find a solution. Only one thing more before closing the question: is it possible to do it also for other time horizons? Although for one warehouse I only have 1 truck per week, in other I have 1 truck every 3 days, and I have the same issue: I need TLB propose 1 shipp every 3 days, instead of 1 every day,

Thank you very much,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

Yes in the SNP planning book you can have time bucket days too, but unfortunately SNP time bucket 3 days doesn't exist!

In this case you can have each day a shipping (it depends of your requirements). With TLB you can control the frequency of your shipping by confirming the order quantity and date.

Also, please check the reply that I gave you few days ago. You have to test the parameters that exist at Tr.Lanes level to influence the shipping interval.

Thanks.

Regards, Marius     

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

You can do what you want by using a Lot Size equal to 3 days. In ECC you don't have this option, but you can create a custom lot size to group your requirements every 3days. Then once the materials are ciffed to APO, you will see in MAT1 this setup:

With this, your SNP run will group your dependent requirements and create a requisition every 3days.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you right Mariano, good point.

I would like to highlight that in this case (days detail level) SNP heuristic have to run with time bucket days. This is the condition to takes in consideration Lot size = 3 days.  
Thanks.

Regards, Marius

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Thank you very much for your answer. Although it is true that not always that I put Periodic Lot Size of 3 days I get a TLB proposal of 3 days, but I will ask another question to clarify,

Julia