cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to group billing documents into a single invoice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,  I am trying to group a few billing documents into a single invoice but not using an Invoice List.

Does anyone know how to generate it?

For example,

I have invoice A with 2 items (X, Z and Y) and invoice B with 1 intem (X, Y).

I need to create invoice C with this 3 itens summarized with itens X, Y, and Z and their values summed (such as quantity, price, etc).

I already tried to create a new billing document and configured the copy control but when I generate the new invoice via VF01, it creates two new invoices coping data from the original ones.  It does not group the invoice, but splits/continues with 2 separate billings.

I added an image below to illustrate my scenario.

Any suggestion?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The billing header data must be the same for combining the invoices. This includes payer, payment terms, billing date etc. Many links on the forum to get that. Please search.

For your case, Please check the split analysis tab and paste the screenshot for the same?

That can give you some direction on how to proceed.

Thanks,

Ravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response Ravin.

I understand that the header information must be the same for both invoices. This is the scenario I have, but for some reason it still splits/copies the invoices and I don't know how to make join/group them.

For some reason I cannot click on spliting analysis tab. This is unabled for me, any other way to check this?

Once again, thanks for the help.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

giovana,

field ZUKRI stores the split criteria.

In SE16N, in table VBRK, give the two billing document nos. in VBELN and check ZUKRI

tw

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked this field but it is blank/null.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but not using an Invoice List

I need to create invoice C with this 3 itens summarized with itens X, Y, and Z and their values summed (such as quantity, price, etc

Have you ever thought from FI angle this requirement?  Already with Invoice A & B, you have debited the customer.  Now how come it is possible to raise one more invoice by referring again invoices that are already debited the customer?  Will it become a debiting the customer for the same delivery?  What is the business logic behind this requirement?  May be you can think of proformas generating initially and finally a commercial invoice

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main reason to create a grouped invoice is to save goverment and custom costs.

The single invoices will be accounted, the grouped one not.

But, instead of sending 3 singles invoices for government validation, we will send the grouped invoice and then updated the single invoices with the legal number approved by goverment.

That will result in $$ savings.

At the same time, goverment does not accept invoice list, therefore it cannot be validated. That's why we need 1 grouped invoice.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
The single invoices will be accounted, the grouped one not

In that case, as I already said, you can club all single invoices into a proforma with the help of following exit

USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE_INV_DATE in program RV60AFZC

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi G,

How will this exit help?

Giovana is taking about issue - invoice split...whether you use proforma billing type or any other, this does not help in invoice split issue.

TW

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW

In the said exit, OP has to do coding in such a way that system should not consider any parameters that are causing invoice split especially with different billing document number ranges, consolidating into one proforma can be achieved with the exit I suggested.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Giovana,

In your post, you said

and then updated the single invoices with the legal number approved by goverment.

so this legal number business will update in the "actual" billing documents, in which field will they do this? and how? (manually or...)

Thanks!

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, TW.

It's going to be in the fields reference, in the invoice header.

This will be done automatically, by a new routine we are developing and triggered by VF02.