Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No authorization for maintenance plant 'xxxx' in work manager 5.3

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When iam performing sync from the device(IPad), "Getworkorders-"No authorization for maintenanace plant XXXX (Plant number)" error has been encountered to a specific user.The user has all authorizations like the user can create work orders,notifications...in ECC but not able to download to device.When i have performed sync by using another user id, to the same ecc backe end work orders are downloaded.Please suggest weather we need to provide any user level authorizations to download the work orders for individual users.(like there are any settings to be done in configpanel or admin level..etc).

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi,

I  would recommend using the tcode ST01 (*authorization trace) and having user *user1 and recreate the authorization error.  That will tell you ALL of the objects checked and whether the user passed or not.  The transaction codes related to the authorization objects in PM functional activities failed and it’s stopping the user to post the operation confirmation. You need to find out where its failing.

Other references:

SAP ERP Authorizations for Mobile Users session in SAP WM admin guide.

1892987 - SAP Transaction Code list for Mobile App.

Thanks

Resmi

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

Try to  compare user roles /authorization objects for those 2 users.  I'm thinking 2nd user is missing some authorization for some maintenance plant.   Work order fetch on SAP side uses  plain SQL statements and that being the case you shouldn't get authorization error during read.

The only time you can  have implication is when you use security settings in config. panel at class handler/product level.

You can  turn trace and find  out what authorization 2nd user is missing .

Thanks,

Manju.

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

Thanks for prompt response.There are no security settings in config panel at class handler or product level.I have compared the authorizations objects for two users, they are equal.But still could not download work orders to the mobile device.

Please suggest how to proceed further.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu