cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orders getting released with Quality Info Record set to stop release.

former_member626955
Participant
0 Kudos

Can anyone please tell me why a Material / Vendor Order is getting released after the Release date is setup and has expired in the Quality Info Record?  I have taken a screen shot shown below where the Quality Info Record release until date is set to 8/31/2013.  However, we have some orders that were processed and released on 5/5/2014.  The QM Procurement is active on the material and setup with a control key 0001.  I thought that if the Material was setup this way, you were not allowed to release the material.  This particular Material / Vendor is not on our approved supplier list which is why it was setup this way. Is it possible based on how the purchase order was created that the QM Procurement rules can be ignored or bypassed?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

john_lutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Darrin, it's probably worthwhile to check the config behind the 0001 control key and verify that the 'release required' field has not been unchecked...

Regards,

John

former_member626955
Participant
0 Kudos

I did check the control key configuration and it is configured correctly.

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Darrin,

You need to set the Blocking code in QI02 as shown in the screenshot below:

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Regards,

Ayoub.

john_lutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any chance the person doing the PO release or req is clicking through the message? Looks like it is just set as a warning, and not hard stop - assuming that also controls the PO release, I can't remember

former_member191663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Darrin,

Further to Ayoub's reply, you need to change the 'Message control lock' to 'E: Defects' from 'W: Warning' in customizing for control key 0001.

Please refer attached screen shot.

Best Regards,

Gururaj Kulkarni

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Darrin,

I think it works in conjunction with the settings in Material Master and QI Record (Material Master Settings being at a higher level).

So, as mentioned by Gururaj, pl. change the settings in the Control Key to "E" mode. This, together with the "Release Date" setting in QI should work.

Pl. share your experience. Regards, KrishnaM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In addition to this you should put a block on the vendor. To block the procurement functions, you have several options:

a) blocking the vendor for general reasons (purchasing block)

This block suppresses all purchasing functions. In the vendor master, you specify whether such a block will apply to all or to certain purchasing organizations.

b) blocking the vendor for quality-related reasons

This block suppresses the procurement functions specified in the blocking key and is effective for materials for which the indicator QM in procurement is active.

If you set the blocking key in the vendor master, it applies to the vendor, regardless of the materials and plants involved (trx MK05).

If you set the blocking key in the quality info-record, it applies to a specific material and plant only. (QI02).

For quality-related reasons, you can use the control key for QM in procurement to override any active blocking keys for certain plants.

Regards,

Natália