cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing dataset file source.

0 Kudos

Hi everyone.

I have created several graphics related to a CSV file.

Now I want to change the original file every month without modifying any graphic, so I can have the same graphical information but changing original data.

At present time I have solved this by rewriting original file.

The goal is to change this original file within Lumira (obviously, both old and new file have the same structure).

Does anyone know how to perform this, also keeping all calculated columns in the datasheet?.

Best regards.

Sergi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

My preferred option would be to backup original file and place the new file at the location where Lumira will search the original file.

My second option would be to use the connections tab and modify the file location (from original to target). I would only do this in case I cannot use my preferred option.

Any change in the file structure (column order, column location) might cause trouble as per my concrete experience with the tool.

Regards,

Antoine

0 Kudos

Hi, Antoine.

How fast you are !!!!!!

Where can I find the "connection tab" you mention?.

Regards.

Sergi.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Close your Lumira document. Look in the left hand side panel.

Cheers,

Antoine

0 Kudos

OK, I tried it but the .LUMS files related don't change the file inside.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

strange - i would call this a bug. You made sure to browse the connection and change the file location, right? Which Lumira version are you using ?

Thanks

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The workflow to be sure:

1. In connections, select your .csv connection

2. use the browse button to select the new file.

0 Kudos

The problem is that the dataset I want to change is not shown in the list of connections.

This dataset (A) is combined with another (B).

The source for dataset B is shown in the list, but not the source of A (which is the one I want to change).

I have de-fusionated both datasets but after that A is still missing in the list of connections.

Can anyon help me?.

Best regards.

Sergi.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi again,

It would be great to have a list of dataset manipulations you did to reach your initial result.

Is the below an option for you:

My preferred option would be to backup original (source dataset .csv) file and place the new (source dataset .csv)   file at the location where Lumira will search the original file

Thanks

Antoine

Answers (0)