cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry: Short Cuts for standard buttons

0 Kudos

Hello,

when using transactions in Agentry, there are some standard buttons displayed at the bottom of the screen, like the left and right arrows and the green OK button.

We would like to design the screens for our Windows Mobile devices in a way that the user can do most of the work using the keyboard, and not the touch screen. So, is there any way to define short cuts for these standard buttons, so that we can - for example - assign these buttons to function keys of the keyboard?

Kind regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Christian,

In PocketPC design most of the application can hardcode or configure from an editor some shortcuts to assign to your buttons.

In essence each of the buttons you have on the field are assigned an action. This same button with an action can define some pocketPC shortcuts.

In my example below, I have a screen called CycleCountTileListPPC. This is the name of my screen that has buttons defined with their corresponding action.

As soon as you see the detail screen and the buttons select the buttons you want to modify and assign shortcuts on your application.

In my example below, I chose my button "Get" which is assign an action FetchPhysicalCounts.  I am going to assign a pocket PC hardcode shortcuts to it. It can be CTRL, Alt or Shift + any numbers or buttons that I specify in the drop down (see picture below).  Enter is a special key so you Cannot use the enter key.  Enter key is tied to OK or acknowledging an entry.

Some limitation is using the Left key or Right key to traverse between screens. Sometimes your action has multiple transactions that uses different screens.  So the left or right key (hard key) may have issues if you do that as you cannot go back to the transactions once you left it.

Hope this helps you out.

Best Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer (mobility)

0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

thanks for your answer. But is it possible to assign short cuts to the standard buttons of transaction screens? Stephen says this will not work...

Kind regards

Christian

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian,

The picture above about buttons+Actions is the only way you can add shortcuts at the moment. There is no option in the transaction to add shortcuts from the editor.

Best Regards,

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why the buttons on Object screens can have short cuts the transactions screen buttons cannot be set.

Stephen