cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactivate Master Data with CSV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

I have a requirement where in I need to inactivate Product Category Master Data in my system, I can do this task manually by editing each product Category and checking the Inactive button bt there are a lot of product categories to be inactivated.When I tried to achieve this using CSV import, I found that there is no field called INACTIVE which could be set to TRUE. If anyone has any solution to inactivate multiple Product catogories in one shot , please help.

regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajshekhar reddy & Rosemary Boisclair for your valuable comments, even I tried the same and was able to inactivate the Master data but my regards to both of you for your response.

regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I have just checked it I am able to inactivate master data product category using CSV template by adding INACTIVE column with TRUE value.

I am on 9.0.17.00 version, can you please let me know are you on which version?

Please see below screen shots for your reference.

Regards,

Lava.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for help Lava,!!!

cheers

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

You can just add the column "INACTIVE" to the Product Category import template and set the value to "TRUE" for all product categories that you want to inactivate.  The only columns you should need in the template are the product category id and the INACTIVE column.  You should be able to import this using Product Category as the object and it should do exactly what  you want.  If later you determine that some of the Product Categories should be active again, you can run the same import with the value set to "FALSE' and it will activate those categories again.

Hope this helps,

Rosemary

former_member207877
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Eventhough there is no field called INACTIVE in the csv template(workbook), you can go ahead and add a column with name "INACTIVE" in csv template and fill it as TRUE as below

DISPLAY_NAME, INACTIVE

PRODUCT CATEGORY,TRUE

Hope this Helps!

Thanks,

Raj