cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA INSTALLATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

we have requirement to install SAP HANA.

we are very new to SAP HANA.

Request to guide us what is the minimum hardware requirements.

i google it a lot but i dint get any idea.

please share any related Documents & PDFs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

I am wondering you cannot just install HANA as like other installation which you will be doing on SAP systems (If you have license). HANA is more like a Black box and you can install only in HANA appliance and not on the servers simply.

For the HANA appliance , you need to be in touch with the hardware vendors like IBM / Fujitsu / CISCO and we used to do the coordination with Fujitsu. With the couple of initial discussions, we will be doing the sizing and then will share the requirement with Hardware Vendor. They will built the HANA box and it will be shipped to the customer location.

Also hardware engineers will prepare the basic HANA installation and then it will be handed over to the basis consultatns for further SAP preparations and this how the process goes.

Hope things are clear and you can take it up to the higher people accordingly.

So - its not just like that you can install HANA in any of the server - Which is not possible.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

Thanks for Prompt & valuable response. 

Please clear me one thing is there any chance to install DEMO system  for HANA like IDES system .

our company having HANA Licence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Not possible at all to install HANA Demo systems in the existing servers (Installing HANA can be done only in HANA appliance - Does not matter its a Demo system or Live sytems ) - Atleast to my experience which I have on HANA in the past 2 years.

Regards

Vijay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I think a lot of ground work needs to be done - for the hardware you have to connect to the HANA certified appliance providers and get details.

1st goto this link and it will be your Den afterwards..

SAP HANA Platform – SAP Help Portal Page

1. Check your requirements - get the sizing - PAM/Reports

2. Get your approach fixed - want to in premise / cloud / Want to implement yourself in inPremise / Get tuned Appliance (Hardware+Software)

3. Based on the decision get in touch with the preferred hardware vendor with your sizing requirements

4. Decide which SPS and DSP you want to be in - SPS09 just around the corner..

4. License fixed and rest is norm..

The above is just over overview..

Links to help you..

SAP HANA Platform – SAP Help Portal Page

Certified Alliance -

Costing Idea -

After everything in place -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna Murthy,

below Link will be helpfull for you. please go through that link and let me know if you require more details.

TDI - SAP HANA Tailored Datacenter Integration ... | SAP HANA

Thanks & Regards,

Chaitanya.