cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the Default Agentry Date Format in Work Manager 6.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The default agentry date format when looking at the agentry editor is defaulted to the american date format.

Is there a quick way to change this to dd/mm/yyyy?

Can't see an available setting to change it for this field either.

When looking at the WPF client in windows, it's also in the American format.

The server/device date formats are all in the dd/mm/yyyy format already.

I know this can resolved with an update rule if this field is in the string format but that would mean changing the field type to string and using the rule in a lot of screens.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear , By default the dates will display based on the region settings on the device. Settings -> General -> International -> Region Format After changing the settings you may need to restart the Agentry Client to pickup the changes. Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've already read through the thread you took the answer from and that works for the ipad not for windows. Also it's already in the proper format as per my post above.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Samuel,

The date format displayed on the device is based on the regional settings of the device.  This also applies for WPF clients as well.

I just confirmed that if I change the Region and Language data format on Windows, and then restart my WPF client that the dates are displayed using the format I specified.  I was able to change the display to be dd/MM/yyyy and it was respected in my WPF client using both version 6.1.4.287 and 70.5.1.10.

You mention it is already in the proper format so I am unsure what you are asking then.  Can you elaborate?

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I was referring the the Region and Language data format to being in the proper format already by default.

It's wrong if it's using the Date type.

No problems with String type from one of the screens I've checked.

This is with the WPF Client v70.5.1.10. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there an update rule on the field setting a Date format?

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edit: Actually, the string type is also in the wrong format!

Don't think there's any update rule on the standard product from what i can see?

Works if I apply my own update rule on a type string.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Samuel,

I see an update rule on the standard product for those operation dates for WM 6.1:

I am looking at the OperationTile screenset.  The start field has an update rule of FormatOperationEarliestStartDate.  It is designed to remove the seconds from the display.  This rule would need to be changed for other locales.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP