cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Characters in Webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the scenario SAP--->PI---->Webserive(SOAP call)

One of my webserive system not accepting all languages speical characters ( for ex: German characters ä , Ä , ü, ö).

Could you please suggest me how to proceed here?

Thank you.
Sateesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

You need to use a proper encoding of the SOAP Service to support the special chars. If PI is not the issue you need to to this for the receiving Webservice. There is no other possibility.

BR

Harald

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

xavisanse
Active Participant
0 Kudos

you should be able to request ws with ISO-8859-1 (I think)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

Identify the special characters and communicate to the sender not to send them.

Secondly as suggested by Harald try changing the encoding of the XML. You can use modules to change the XML encoding of the source xml. Please refer to this link

XMLAnonymizerBean (SAP Library - SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure)

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald, Naveen & Anupam,

Thanks for your inputs. I will work on this.

Best Regards,
Sateesh

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

The SOAP receiver adapter can use any character encoding supported by the local JDK. The request message from the SOAP receiver is normally encoded in UTF-8. If you want to change this encoding, for instance to iso-8859-1, you can set parameter XMBWS.XMLEncoding to iso-8859-1 in the module configuration for the SOAP adapter module. This setting is for the outgoing SOAP message and has no effect on the incoming SOAP message. For the incoming SOAP message, any code page supported by the local JDK is accepted.

Regards,

Naveen