cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC Creation failed - New Project couldn't be created

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a newbie with JDI and I try to make the NWDIDEMO. After importing the remote configuration into NWDS I wanted to create a DC in the Inactive DCs but after next and finish I got this error:

'DC Creation failed' and 'New Project coulnd't be created'.

The activity was created and in the file system I see the structure:

.dtc\0\DCs\sap.com\webmod\slogan\_comp

And under the DTR client I see this structure:

DEMO/nwdi_NWDIDEMO/dev/inactive/DCs/sap.com/webmod/slogan/_comp

In the defaultTrace.trc I see errors from starting the j2ee engine like this:

Unable to instantiate a Build Space administrator! Build Space "JST_DEMO_D" [bsID: 4, version: 0] [in-queue: on, out-queue: "on", processing: on] Server error [503 Service Unavailable]

Can this be the reason? What can I do?

I installed NW 2004s SP9 on Windows 2000 Professional.

The central installation and the NWDS are on the same machine.

Thanks and regards,

Susanne

Message was edited by:

Susanne Steib

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

the CBS works fine but in the .log of the NWDS I found this message:

Error: Initializing of Development configuration C:\xxxxx\.dtc\0\ failed: C:\xxxx\.dtc\0\buildvariant.config is missing<br>

This message already appears when starting the NWDS.

In the .dtc\0 there is only .confdef

From where do I get this file buildvariant.config? Shall it be there after importing configuration?<br>Somewhere I read that there shall be also the .syncdb file.

Do I need this also?

When I log in I'll get this error:

Error: Reading from CMS Server http://<host>:50000 failed<br>But a ping test in the Window > Preferences > JDI > Development Configuration Pool is successful.

Probably cause buildvariant.config is missing??

Thanks, Susanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

the buildvariant.config file contains the variant mapping that is used in the NWDS, it should be created when the configuration is imported. It contains something like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><info>
	<configuration name="X_dev" user="..."/>
	<compartment name="mycompany.com_MY_SCA_1" variant="default"/>
	<compartment name="sap.com_SAP-JEE_1" variant="default"/>
	<compartment name="sap.com_SAP_BUILDT_1" variant="default"/>
	<compartment name="sap.com_SAP_JTECHS_1" variant="default"/>
</info>

The .syncdb file is created when you have at least one DC locally (synched from CBS or created locally). It is where information about the local state of DCs is stored (dirty,up-to-date, etc.). It is OK if it doesn't exist initially.

Have you tried to remove and reimport the configuration?

Regards,

Marc

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's it.

After removing and importing the configuration new the buildvariant.config was there and creating a DC was possible.

Thanks a lot.

Susanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

I checked CBS area but it seems ok.

The build spaces are active, the inputs are open, the request-handling on, and there are no erronous or uncleaned DCs.

Is it possible that the ACLs have something to do that I can't create a DC?

Cause a few days ago we can't go into the DTR... a bug in ACL handling and due to note 759662 we had to delete any resource under

http://<host>:<http port>/dtr/ws/system/config/active/ACLs/byPath with a superadmin user.

We made this, but can this have any consequences regarding to our problem?

Thanks,

Susanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

the CBS WebUI is not really sufficient to see if CBS is really running. The WebUI and the service are two different things. To verify that the service is running you have to check either with Visual Admin or really have requests that are processed. From the error in your first post I would assume that the service is not running, only the WebUI. To find out what's wrong here I'd use Visual Admin, try to stop/start/restart the Component Build Service and check the log for error messages.

Anyway, this should have nothing to do with DC creation. If CBS doesn't work you cannot activate any changes, but should still be able to create activities, create DCs and check them in.

If all ACL files are deleted DTR should be "wide open", i.e. everybody may do anything.

Is there perhaps an exception visible in the Error View or in the .log file of the NWDS?

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

Have you installed CBS (Component build Service) properly on the server? This component is part of the NWDI (JDI). Possibly CBS is not running properly that why it is giving you such error.

Goto the following link:

http://<Server Host name or IP address>:<server port (Default 50000)>/devinf

Here, you will find link for component build service. Check whether it is working fine or not.

Regards,

Bhavik