cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QS61 - Method Discussion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently adding characteristics via QS61 and the method that I have attached to the characteristic (QS23) is not showing up in QE02. I'd like to know if there is anything that I am missing? Or is this something programming can take care of? Look forward to some suggestions!

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Craig here! Inspection method does not get assigned in material specification and that is the reason you can not get it in QE01.

You should create inspection plan with same MIC only; then the method gets assigned in it. Using both inspection with task list and material specification you get a consolidated set of MICs (from task list and material specification) in inspection lot. You will later observe that inspection method in QE01 which is flown from task list and not from the material specification.

Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using inspection plans?  I do not believe methods are available unless you use inspection plans in conjunction with material specifications.  I think this is standard functionality.

Please review this older thread that I responded to before: 

Craig

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure the method is in the proper plant.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both are plant 1000...

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

You can check the following points:

• Status of MIC
  • Status of Method
  • Key dates.

Regards,

Ayoub.

Former Member
0 Kudos
  • Status of MIC - MIC is set to released (I've used on other ROS with no issue regarding the method)
  • Status of Method - Same as first response. Method is released and working on others
  • Key dates. - These are fine too.
Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

In case authorization group is used in inspection method, check that user who is creating ROS has authorization on the same group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The method is being assigned with MIC. I am the creator of everything QM and have authorization for everything. Can you explain the use of the authorization group?

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Authorization Group is created & used for: changing Material Data/Master Data in QM. More often than not, it is used to define group of individuals for assigning Digital Signatures  in SAP (Ex. for RR and UD transactions).

In case you have not defined any Authorization group and hence not assigned any, the reasons could be:

1. Version of Inspn Method

2. Key dates

3. Status.

Since you have responded to Craig that the plant is the same for MIC & Method, that possibility is eliminated.Regards, KrishnaM