cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ByePass Scenario from Sender XI to File for MT940

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am receiving the MT940 file from Standard Chartered Bank through  Sender XI Adapter , is it possible for me to use bye pass scenario(without using IR ) to upload the file as it is in ECC . MT940 file received from bank has to be directly uploaded in a folder in SAP ECC accessible through AL11.

That is to say ,Is it possible to build   the scenario through bye pass .:

SENDER XI ADAPTER---> PI--- RECEIVER File (ECC)

Regards

Mojib

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mojib

Dont create any ESR objects. Just create ID objects. Follow this blog.

File to file without using with Integration Repository - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards

Osman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Osman/Nabendu,

But as I said in the query, data is coming thru sender XI Adapter from the Bank , so

• my Sender Channel is SENDER XI ADAPTER
  • Receiver Channel is Receiver File Adapter .

Please let me know if its possible in the above scenario or not . I know, if we have file adapter on both sender and receiver , we can use Bye Pass scenario, but in my case sender is Sender XI Adapter.

Regards

Mojib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mojib,

I doubt a pass through scenario will be possible as your sender adapter is PROXY, which will need ESR development.

BR,

Diptee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It seems I didn't give the complete picture , this is a B2B scenario where in both sides are having PI . Now bank will generate Bank Statement that is MT940 from their system and will send as it is to our PI system. We are just going to use Sender XI Adapter to receive the data from bank through their PI. I think the scenario is clear now. 

Every body has given the link for file to file byepass scenario. But , pleas suggest if the same concept and methodology will work for

SENDER XI-->to --- RECEIVER File  scenario aswell because file has to be transmitted as it is without any transformation.

Regards

Mojib

JuanDK78
Participant
0 Kudos

If the bank has a PI system, why are you using XI Adapter?

Anyway, if is required to use XI adapter in the sender side, these are a couple of principles you can follow:

• The XI protocol keep all message header as what I call the transport medium, as you know this is the SOAP-like XML message structure displayed in sxi_monitoring.
  • The payload it self is not part of the XI message, you can consider it as an attachment.
  • To keep the payload a separate MIME context with its own type you should to create the service interfaces as Stateless-XI 3.0 compatible, specially if you are using a PI 7.3 or higher.
    • Then the adapter and integration engine will not access the payload unless you add an Operational Mapping
  • Do not create any Operational Mapping or Message Mapping.
  • Use Integrated configuration Object instead of the traditional Sender/Receiver Agreements,Receiver Determination and Interface Determination Objects
  • When message get to the  File Received Channel, it just takes the payload and sends it to the output stream without touching it.
    • Make sure the processing type in the communication channel is binary.

If you still want to make sure nothing transforms the message, you can zip it the sender channel and unzip it in the receiver channel using the AF_Modules/PayloadZipBean

I have build several banking interfaces, and I believe you could find better integration patter to process MT940 bank statements, complying with integrity and security financial interface require; if you have the possibility to review the design.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per the information got from the bank , they are using SOAP adapter with Message Protocol as XI3.0 (so they don't need wsdl from us) to push the data into our environment and they have suggested us to use Sender XI adapter with Message  Protocol  XI3.0.

Please let me know , if there could be better design method . I would try ..

Regards

Mojib

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need ESR component if you are using the XI adapter. If you can change the XI sender adapter to SOAP sender with XI3.0 as message protocol or as File sender, you can have a bypass scenario.

BR

Diptee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

looks it will work , I am having small issue with firewall , would update once its achieved and close the thread.

Thanks

Mojib

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks every body , Diptee's solution worked for me .

Regards

Mojib

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad,

Yes you can achieve it through Passthru scenario.

links below..

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42399

SAPTechnical.COM - File-to-File Scenario without creating Repository Objects

Thanks,

Naveen

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mojib,

If you don't want any transformation and just want to send the file As it Is to ECC (File Landing Zone - AL11), this is absolutely possible.

You don't need to use any Content Conversion in either of the File Adapter (Channel) and just keep blank in the Opertaion Mapping section of the Interface Determination.

Regards,

Nabendu.