cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database lookup from within message mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a simple question - From within message mapping - in a udf, we are doing a lookup to a database using a standard API using jdbc receiver communication channel

However , in runtime - I do not see any indications of this lookup in the adapter monitoring messages - in other words - I see some activity in the communication channel monitoring - but nothing on the adapter monitoring that gives me specific information on the request and response payload.

Any body out there knows why - lookups using communication channel are not shown as messages on Adapter monitoring ? We are on SP18, XI 3.0 - am I missing something here ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i hope you can monitor the message procesing by default.

see the below links

DB lookup - /people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

SOAP Lookup - /people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/11/20/webservice-calls-from-a-user-defined-function

Lookup - /people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

Also read thru this to get more idea on lookups -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/406642ea59c753e10000000a1550b0

Lookup’s in XI made simpler - /people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

How to check JDBC SQL Query Syntax and verify the query results inside a User Defined Function of the Lookup API -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

/people/prasad.illapani/blog/2006/10/25/how-to-check-jdbc-sql-query-syntax-and-verify-the-query-results-inside-a-user-defined-function-of-the-lookup-api

Lookups - /people/morten.wittrock/blog/2006/03/30/wrapping-your-mapping-lookup-api-code-in-easy-to-use-java-classes

Lookups - /people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

Regards

Chilla

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>i hope you can monitor the message procesing by default.

no, you cannot - sorry

Regards,

michal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>Any body out there knows why - lookups using communication channel are not shown as messages on Adapter monitoring

they are not shown in Adapter monitoring by default

AFAIK there's no parameter to change that

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

Thanks for the reply . So none of the lookups from within a message mapping udf- to a database or a webservice / or a rfc - fn module is visible on the adapter monitoring as messages ? Are these only seen on communication channel monitoring as 'call completed' - 'message entering' etc....

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

at least I never managed to see it there:)

and I tried, also with DB lookups

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You didn't missed anything. If communication channel shows that message lookup is happening which means it is happening. From SP17 onward many adapters are part of communication channel monitoring.

So if your output message is correct then everything is fine.

Regards,

Gourav

---

<i>reward points if it helps you</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

As you are doing database lookup in a user defined function in message mapping the query seems to get executed without JDBC Adapter knowing.

I am not very sure but as Receiver Adapter and Communication Channels comes after mapping it seems like that.

I suggest you to do investigations in that way..

Regards,

Shri.

• Reward points if it helps you.