cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

production order staging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have production orders which run for 4 weeks and have components assigned to the 1st and the 2nd last operation. So I need some components the day the day the order is released and some about 3 weeks out. I have component operation allocation turned on, the WM PP interface is on and the header mtl has the production scheduling profile. However when I release the order and all the operations, the transfer requirements are created for all the components for all the operations and then the corresponding TOs get created as well. I want the TOs to be created only when I need the components so the operations should have their own TRs created and the TOs should be created only one - two  days before the components are needed. Does anyone know how toe create TRs for per operation where components are allocated and then via some background job convert the TRs to TOs a coupld of days before the components are needed.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you stage materials using LP12 you can enter the requirement date as 2 days in the future and less than that date. This should only then show materials planned at your first operation

You will need the PSA to run LP12

Regards

Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

we dont use LP12. We use pick parts (via control cycle) so the TR is created when the production order is released. I am thinking of using RLAUTA10 program to convert TRs as of a planned date into TOs. Has anyone used this program and can it be used to auto convert TRs to TOs say 2 days before the operation start date. The SAP help says there is an exit MWMTOAU1 in that tcode but I want to know if anyone has used it and if it can work ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

As far as I know, if you set up automatic TR and TO creating in production scheduling profile then system automatically creates TR for all pick part at once and TO will be created as per your setting. I dont think you can have automatic TR creation per operation.

But you can create TRs manually by LP11 and there you can specify plant+operation combination in selection screen. You may use same fields for automatic TR and TO creation using your own logic as operation start date

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok I dont intend to have both TR and TO being created upon order release. I will have only the TR created and then via this program convert the TR into a TO a few days before the operation start date. Has anyone done this before ?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for first part you can set up the WM request value as 'X' in production scheduling profile which will create only TR

for the second activity as far as my knowledge says you have to go for manual activity (i.e. before operation start date you have to create TO manually by selecting the TR )

Or

Create a separate TR individual operation wise and enter the planned date and time in the staging screen before the operation start date and then schedule a AUTO TO batch job creation in background which will create TO based on the planned date mentioned in TR

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the WM request setting in production scheduling profile if it is '1' then change it to 'X'

T-code to check production scheduling profile is OPKP