Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGENPSE import_own_cert: Installation of certificate failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

My installation of the SAP Web Dispatcher went like this:

Used SWPM to install the Web Dispatcher Version 7.42. Configured the profile to connect to my GW server and tested successfully with HTTP end to end.

I now want to install HTTPS from Client to Web Dispatcher and HTTP from Dispatcher to GW.

To do this ive followed Setting the SSL Relevant Profile Parameters for the SAP Web Dispatcher - SAP Web Dispatcher - SAP Li... to setting the profile parameters. Ive inserted the parameters into the Web Dispatchers profile.

The Web Dispatcher is installed on the same system as my relay server. My Relay Server already has a multi domain cert installed from entrust.

entrust.pfx (I exported this to cert.cer [Base64])

root.cer

chain.cer

chainroot.cer

The command im trying to use to import the certificate is:

sapgenpse import_own_cert -p C:\usr\sap\WD1\W00\sec\SAPSSLS.pse -c cert.cer -r root.cer -r chain.cer -r chainroot.cer -x <password>

sapgenpse import_own_cert -p C:\usr\sap\WD1\W00\sec\SAPSSLS.pse -c cert.cer

sapgenpse import_own_cert -p C:\usr\sap\WD1\W00\sec\SAPSSLS.pse -c cert.cer -r root.cer -x <password>

sapgenpse import_own_cert -p C:\usr\sap\WD1\W00\sec\SAPSSLS.pse -c cert.cer -r root.cer

Im getting an error:

import_own_cert: Installation of certificate failed

Ive followed all the posts by other users with a google search of "site:scn.sap.com sap web disp import_own_cert: installation of certificate failed" but unfortunately haven't found anything thats been able to help me yet.

I would also like to mention that when running the command unlike other people I ONLY get the error message straight after I press enter. No other text but the error.

Regards

Jared

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jared

Could you check this SAP Note 846813

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the note but ive been through it and others but cant seem to find why i would be getting the error still.

Do i need to create a pse file from scratch? Im using the one that was created during the install of WD.

Thanks

Answers (0)