cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI installation svr 7.40 - Parameter /INI_FILE from saplogon does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does anyone has any expierence with the SAP GUI Installation Server 7.40.

I am using this parameter batch file

<<

set SAPLOGON_INI_FILE=\\baslab-GUINST\SAPINSTGUI\CustomerFiles\saplogon.ini

C:\

cd "Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui"

saplogon.exe /INI_FILE=\\baslab-GUINST\SAPINSTGUI\CustomerFiles\saplogon.ini

>>

That directory <\\baslab-GUINST\SAPINSTGUI\CustomerFiles> is shared and everyone can read and write

The directory <\\baslab-GUINST\SAPINSTGUI\CustomerFiles> is read only for all nad writeabl to the admin.

I am using the admin account

The parameter /INI_FILE does not work. teh system is storing the files in %APPDATA%\SAP\Common ??

Am I missing here something?

Thanks in advance for any kind of tip or help!

Kind regards,

Roland

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

igalleske
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

In our installation happens the following:

The command line parameter /INI_FILE works perfectly with SAPGUI 7.20 & 7.30 (and earlier versions, too).

When I install SAPGUI 7.40 WITHOUT the NWBC 5.0 client, the /INI_FILE parameter work perfectly.

However, when I install SAPGUI 7.40 WITH the NWBC 5.0 client, the /INI_FILE command line parameter isn't taken into account anymore.

Have a look at note 2075150 - SAP Logon (Pad) 740: new format of configuration files as of Windows GUI 7.40

Kind regards

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I assume, that you have updetd form 7.30 to 7.40. Because I installed brand new 7.40 and the paramter /INI_FILE is NOT working form the beginning?

Did you open a ticket at SAP?

Kind regards,

Roland

igalleske
Explorer
0 Kudos

Roland,

No, I didn't open a ticket.

The notes

2075150 - SAP Logon (Pad) 740: new format of configuration files as of Windows GUI 7.40

2075073 - SAP Logon (Pad) 740: create/distribute server configuration file in the SAP UI landscape format

solved my problem.

I converted the old saplogon.ini file into the new SAPUILandscape.xml format using saplogon.exe (not saplgpad.exe) and now both, SAPGUI 7.40 and NWBC 5.0 can be installed on the same PC using both the new .xml format.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ingo,

one question, how did you migrate from 7.30 to 7.40. Did you use the SAP-GUI-INstallation server?
Did you updatedt the package and then rolled it out?

kind regards

Roland

igalleske
Explorer
0 Kudos

Roland,

We have SAPGUI 7.40 still in our laboratory for internal testing. We won't deploy it to our client PC during 2014.

The distribution to the client PCs will be done using the installation server (if testing gives an OK).

Kind regards

Ingo

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

That should work. While I don't use the /ini_file parameter for end users (I push out a registry setting instead), I do use for my "admin" connection when I want to modify the shared saplogon.ini. The only differences I can see in my usage and what you posted is 1) I put the parameter in lower-case, so perhaps it's case-sensitive (though I wouldn't have thought so), and 2) I'm using SAPGUI 7.30 instead of 7.40.

I can't recall whether this came up in your earlier question, but are you using NWBC 5.0 in conjunction with SAPGUI 7.40? Or just the SAPGUI?

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

no it won't work, neither with smal or capital letters of /ini_file.

I removed the two conig files (saplogon.ini and SapLogonTree.xml) started out from a cmd-shell:

saplogon.exe /INI_FILE=\\baslab-GUINST\SAPINSTGUI\CustomerFiles\saplogon.ini

Empty, except i found a file <SAPUILandscape.xml> in %APPDATA%\SAP\Common

Bevor I inserted somethin in the Gui of SAP LOGON 740 window

the SAPUILandscape.xml-File had this content:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<Landscape>

<Services/>

-<Workspaces>

<Workspace name="NWBC Admin Configuration" uuid="60c870cb-105a-4fdb-95f9-90dc4c8b35ad"/>

</Workspaces>

</Landscape>

afterwards:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<Landscape>

-<Services>

<Service dcpg="2" sapcpg="1100" sncop="-1" server="Test:3200" mode="1" systemid="TST" name="Test" uuid="6733d73f-99c9-4bc7-af74-a18fc45a3352" type="SAPGUI"/>

</Services>

-<Workspaces>

-<Workspace name="NWBC Admin Configuration" uuid="39143ce1-b72c-413a-98f1-d75ac1e2cc2f">

<Item uuid="56f92c53-46c3-49b8-9e9f-2fc91a8b325b" serviceid="6733d73f-99c9-4bc7-af74-a18fc45a3352"/>

</Workspace>

</Workspaces>

</Landscape>

but in the %APPDATA%\SAP\Common directory not in the one I gave as a parameter /ini_file

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Roland

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm, ok, 'SAPUIlandscape.xml' must be new with 7.40, or perhaps related to NWBC, as there is no such file in a 7.30 standard GUI installation. I have seen forum threads where it appears that including NWBC 5.0 in the installation server makes the behavior quite different from prior releases of SAPGUI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

lets say an inch by an inch I am getting closer to metric system 🙂

I deleted everything I had on the SAP GUI INSt svr, set it up new with 7.30,

everything works so far pretty much ok.

I also used your scripts from Part 5 - Scripting.

Installed the basic packag eon cleint PC as regular user.

Started <saplogon.exe> and I saw the configuration of the file <SapLogonTree.xml>

but not the entries I made in fiel <saplogin.in> which is stored in the same directory <CustomerFiles> as you directed.

did not see wha I was expecting:

Besides that the parameter \\server\directory\CustomerFiles\saplogon.ini did not work on the SAP-GUI-INS-Svr, but D:\directory\CustomerFiles\saplogon.ini worked, strange ?!?

So after I have that running I want to upgrade to 7.40 I alreday loaded the produkt 7.4 into the SAP Installation Server.

Wanted to configure the package <basic> to have the cleint ps updated with the new 7.40 version,

but some how nothing is happening when I try to Confugure tha package!

Am I missing something here a point?

Any suggestion?

kind regards,

Roland

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you looking in the BASLAB folder you created? The entries are probably in there. We did have some enduser confusion here after I rolled out 7.30, with users not realizing they needed to focus on the subfolder under Connections (Verbindungen in your screenshot) to see the actual connection entry. I ended up putting a registry entry in the package script that causes the focus to start on that subfolder, but I still sometimes get some confused calls.

Also, if the user already has a 'custom' saplogon.ini, say from pre-upgrade, that will take precedence. You must either delete it via your package script, or you must delete any registry entries for this under HKCU, as that will take precedence over the same entries in HKLM. Then be sure that you configure HKLM so that the configuration will be valid for all users of the PC.

Also, have a look at the latest documents in . just added several installation, administration, and release notes documents specific to 7.40 yesterday.