cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSA HH : Error during sync

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We installed CRM MSA Handheld SR02 on MI Client 70 SP09 with NW 70 SP 11 as Middleware and backend.

Initially the data sync worked fine, but now I am getting the following error message on the MI Client : "Request is being processed in CRM server; synchronize again later".

In MI Administration -> Device Maintenance, the error message for the device is : "cannot find resource bundle MSAText_en_US"

It is only the standard application, and no changes were made. Is it becuase of a server error or client error? How can I go about finding the cause?

Is there any way to delete an existing request for data from the client?

Regards

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

The message "Request is being processed in CRM server; synchronize later" is probably because you have synced using asynchronous sync from the client & after that the report for processing the asynchrocous data is still not triggered. For this you have to schedule MEREP_RETRY_BP as a background job. The error message that your getting in device maintenance is related to language settings, not to CRM data processing.

Please schedule MEREP_RETRY_BP & check whether it solves the problem.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nameeta,

Thanks for your answer.

I scheduled MEREP_RETRY_BP as a background job, with a frequency of 5 min. But still I am getting the same message on the client during sync. What else can I try?

How can we switch from asynchronous to synchronous sync, for this application?

You mentioned that the error I am getting in Device Maintenance is due to language settings. Where can we change them?

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Are you sure whether the MEREP_RETRY_BP was run successfully? Why dont you execute the report manually, when u execute the report manually, it will ask you to choose between processing of async requests between generic sync & smart sync. As MSA is a generic sync application, please select Generic sync.

Also these records (async requests) are stored in the table MESYHEAD with the container type as I. So you can check if there are any containers in this table of type I for your device id.

To convert your requests from async to sync in MSA application, you have a check box on the page where you make the sync. I am talking about the sync provided by the application not the MI homepage sync. Here you have an option to select "Wait for results". If this is checked, then it means it is Synchronous else Asynchronous.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Can you also check if the business data is configured properly for the user who is syncing? This kind of error could occur if the activities or business partners are not configured. Please check this too.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nameeta,

I scheduled the background job for MEREP_RETRY_BP and after that, it seems to work fine.

Thanks!

Regards

Ajay

Answers (0)