Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.30 SAPLOGONTREE.xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i encountered a problem with SAP GUI 7.30 application

To install the application, i copy locally "saplogon.ini" and "saplongtree.xml" (with the configuration server "On installation start").

When i run SAPGUI, the "saplogon.ini" is correctly generate in "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common\"

but "saplogontree.xml" is not copied. I have try several methods.

Do you have the process to include the "saplogontree.xml" ?

The "Saplogontree.xml" must be copied to a specific folder ?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cheng,

thank you for your reply.

saplogon is created automatically but it's a new "saplogontree.xml" (without configuration) by default.

i need to copy my "saplogontree.xml" (with my configuration).

Regards,

Yassin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yassin,

If the saplogon.ini file is copied successfully, saplongtree.xml file will be created automatically when

you execute SAP logon pad.

Best regards,
Cheng

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yassin,

This question comes up quite a bit. Have a look at the section Created Shared Configuration Files in my document . Although you are trying to copy the files locally instead of using a centrally shared file, you'll still find pretty much what you need to know in there. Also, I recommend the central shared approach over local copying, unless you are distributing to mobile or remote (VPN) clients that aren't usually connected to your network.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your reply.

i have used your document (Part 5), it's very clear.

but i need to use the local configuration because my package is embedded to SCCM.

my file "saplogontree.xml" is copied to "c:\windows" like the "saplogon.ini" but i don't know how to generate the "saplogontree.xml" in "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common\" during the first start

Thank you for your document.

Regards,

Yassin

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I think I see part of the problem. C:\Windows is a less-than-ideal location to copy your files to. This was the default in SAPGUI 6.40 and older, but it is problematic in any OS from Windows Vista and later, so starting with SAPGUI 7.10 the default location is changed. With 7.30 you should use the folder you are discussing, %APPDATA%\SAP\Common. Don't try to copy anything to C:\Windows. If you do, in Windows 7 you're likely to see it copied to %LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore\Windows, as Windows will typically prevent programs from writing to C:\Windows.

Instead, have your package event script copy the files directly to %APPDATA%\SAP\Common. Also, make sure that the source location that you are copying the files from is in a folder called CustomerFiles that is directly under the shared root of your Installation Server, i.e. if your Installation Server is installed to \\server\sapguishare, then the source location is \\server\sapguishare\CustomerFiles. This is especially important if you are trying to use Single-File-Installer packages, although you don't actually need those for SCCM deployments. You just need a regular package, with appropriate scripting, and a PDF file that you create with the NwSapSetupAdmin tool.