Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please explain the following scenario's,

1.) Application1->one interface-->Application2

2.) Application1>first interface(outbound)->second interface(inbound)-->Application2

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

<i>1.) Application1->one interface-->Application2</i>

As explained above , if you have sender side IDoc, or receiver side Idoc , then you can have only one interface to design in IR, rest , second you need not to develop.

See here also you are using one two interfaces.

But there are only one interface , when you have Idoc to idoc scenario, where both sending and receiving idoc same. so no need of IR, only you must have to import the IDoc-xml structure import into IR under that SWCV,namespace.so only one intercace you can use here as for configuration.

<i>2.) Application1>first interface(outbound)->second interface(inbound)--Application2</i>

In general scenarios, we will develop outbound and inbound interfaces.

Regards

Chilla

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

>>>><i>Then when are the composite application build..? Is this the need for wat we just create interfaces in the IR of XI</i>

NO.

i think ur doubt of interface is still not clear...whether ur application is simple or composite u must hv interfaces...its nothing but stucture and direction of ur message.

Thanks,

Maheshwari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

You are having some confusion. The general XI scenario consists like

Application1 --> XI --> Application2

And

Application1 --> Interface --> Application2 can not be true for XI. This terminology has been treated by other EAI tools like TIBCO.

-

Every XI Scenario consists of a pipeline which starts with outbound interface and follows steps like receiver determination, interface determination transformation the pipeline ends at inbound interface.

Appl1 -> O/B interface --> XI --> I/B interface -> Appl2 is proper.

-

In case of BPM you need to implement Abstract interfaces which is later case.

Regards,

Shri

• Reward points if it helps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Building a composite application according a WSDL file of a web service for a application.. is this like application to application communication through XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No composite application example is not A2A is that case.

Example of A2A communication would be sending Employee attendance data to SAP HR for payroll processing.

Tell me if u need some more info.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah i would like to have little more info ..to have a clear picture.!

Then when are the composite application build..? Is this the need for wat we just create interfaces in the IR of XI, Create the webservice and leave it as open?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

In First case you have single interface which is mapped between thses two applications i.e. 1 & 2.So the result goes to the Application 2 assuming Apllication 2 is the receiver.

In the second case you have 2 interfaces for these 2 applications seperately.So you will be mapping them ,and the result of which would go to the receiver.

I hope these were the two scenario's you were looking for.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

See in interface we specify the message Type(structure) and direction of message ie inbound or outbound.

So inteface is compulasory...as u must specify structure of ur message at both ends.

Conseder file to file scenario.... at sender side u may hv one structure and at receiver side u may hv another structure..... so u will both(data types and messages types 4 both)......

then u must specify which is at sender side which one is at receiver side...this is nothing but creating outbound iterface(sender side stucture) n inbound interface(receiver side stucture ).

1) Application1->one interface-->Application2

if u hv IDOC at sender side then no need to create outbount interface.

if u hv IDOC at receiver side then no need to create inbount interface.

2)Application1>first interface(outbound)->second interface(inbound)-->Application2

simple file to file as i explained.

Thanks,

Maheshwari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about the scenario for Application1->one interface-->Application2,

There is an application we create the message inbound Interface in XI,implement a server proxy for that and create a webservice, finaly with the help of Client proxy we communicate with application through inbound interface.

I am bit confused abt the above sceario, please explain.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>There is an application we create the message inbound Interface in XI,implement a server proxy for that and create a webservice, finaly with the help of Client proxy we communicate with application through inbound interface.</b>

ur scenario must be rfc-webservice. thru a program u issue a requerst to a webservice which in turn return u the data...

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>1.) Application1->one interface-->Application2</b>

may also be possible.....when u dont have IR in place and just ID to transfer file...am i right? ...in this case we can consider XI as one interface.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as far my understanding on ur post:

<b>1.) Application1->one interface-->Application2</b>

simple scenario. Async scenario where an meesage is sent from one system to another. say for example data is extracted from a file/database using file/jdbc adapter and then trasmitted to the target system say a r3 system via proxies.

<b>2.) Application1>first interface(outbound)->second interface(inbound)-->Application2</b>

application 1 sends a request to a system(second interface) thru first interface and the output of the seciond interface is send to application 2....a scenario like file-rfc-file/proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>1.) Application1->one interface-->Application2

Impossible

>>2.) Application1>first interface(outbound)->second interface(inbound)-->Application2

Standard design