cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert mail to group mailID ( Non PI Users) ?

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried as mentioned in this forum : http://scn.sap.com/thread/1997606

We have created a groupID in Mail Server .

Then created a new user ( Dialog user ) in PI and added this user in the fixed receipients

but the mail is not reaching to the group mailID.

I have seen in the SOST , it says that the mail is sent successfully.

But the mail is not reached the users that are maintained in the group mailID.

please help on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai ,

Are you able to see the alert in the alert Inbox in PI for this user?

Thanks.

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

No , I dont see alert for this user in PI alert inbox.

I have maintained the mailID group  to this user in SU01,also given the mailID group in SCOT settings as well.

What would be the issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAi ,

I understand that , My question was have you tried logging in PI using the new user and see if Alerts are coming in Alert Inbox or not. That will rule out any PI issue.

Further just to confirm are you getting alerts on any other email ID? You can try changing the alert recipients to some other user ID which is already getting alerts.

Further , better to check with the help desk team as well which created the email directory whether it is configured properly or not.

Thanks

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the suggestions.

>>My question was have you tried logging in PI using the new user and see if Alerts are coming in Alert Inbox

As the user is just created for the purpose of getting the alert mail.

we did not add the sufficient roles to access the alert inbox, will add and let you know.

I tried this, I took the userID that is getting the alert mail and added the group mailID to this user. Then the alert mails are coming to the PI alert inbox.

But the mails are not reaching to the users who are present in the group mailID.

I want to check is there any other possiblities that might be causing this issue , before i reach to mail server administrators.

Thanks & Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Try sending a test email from your outlook to the newly created email box to see if it is working.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check junk mails.

BR,

Diptee

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I have tested this before, i sent the test mail to the groupID from outlook its working .

test mail reached to members who are included in the group.

If this is working , what else we can ask to mail administrators to check from there end?

Its not working when the alert mail is sent from PI.

Thanks & Regards,

Sai

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diptee,

Checked nothing came to junk mails.

Thanks

Sai

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There was an issue in the group mailID creation , contacted the help desk and reolved by them.

Now the mails are being received by the group memebrs.

Thanks

Sai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

xavisanse
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Which roles has the user? At least should have SAP_XI_MONITOR for Alert Inbox. you've seen that you see the email @ sost. It's properly configured?