Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSPORT object is missing or not visible

banersu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have developed few synchronous interfaces in PI 7.3.

While transporting IR objects for a particular SWC from dev to QA,All the objects are imported successfully but few objects are not visible.(of a particular namespace).The namespace is also missing. in QA

I have refreshed the cache status by ENVIRONMENT->Cache status overview but still the objects of that particular namespace are missing.

At first ,

It was imported successfully and visible  but then I delete the namespace along with its objects and  transported it ...and after that the namesapce (along with its objects)  are not visible in QA.

Guys! Your help is required.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suparna,

At first ,

It was imported successfully and visible  but then I delete the namespace along with its objects and  transported it ...and after that the namesapce (along with its objects)  are not visible in QA.

--> By this you mean, you deleted the Object (namespace) in Dev and did a transport to QA inorder to get it deleted in QA as well, rite?

As you deleted the object and transported it, it got deleted from QA as well, which is correct.

If you want the namespace again, you need to create a fresh TR for the namespace required (with objects under it).

Regards,

Azhar

banersu
Participant
0 Kudos

I have unchecked the option include deleted objects but still  it is not visible @Gaurav

No,I deleted ithe namespace(along with its objects ) in QA and do some changes in dev then made a fresh .tpz file for the namesapce and then tried to import it The import was succesful but the namespace with its objects are not visible in QA. @Azhar

Forgot to mention one thing:I transported those object by using File system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suparna ,

When you deleted the namespace in QAS , have you activated your change list after that?

However , it is not advised to change/Delete any thing in QAS environment.

Try to reimport the completed SWC from DEV to QAS and then try.

Thanks

banersu
Participant
0 Kudos

Trying to import the whole SWC too.import  was also successful

But only the namespace and its objects are not visible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any thing pending in your change list?

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suparna,

As suggested by Gaurav, please activate your existing change list in QA system first...then do a fresh tpz import--> Activation in QA

Regards,

Azhar

banersu
Participant
0 Kudos

thanx

but nothing is pending in my chng list in QA as well as dev

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suparna,

Deleting IR objects should not be done in target system(QA) as it creates inconsistancy's  it is not a best practice.

but any way try to try to import the object again and check in QA system open softwarecomponent and in the top right corner you will find an option to display imported version.

just click on it and then activate after that your latest objects will be visible.

Thanks,

Naveen

banersu
Participant
0 Kudos

from where shoul i open the software component.

is it from SLD or IR

I m not getting any option of "Display imported version".

Can you please tell me in details .

thanx in advance

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suparna,

In QA did you check the Change List by Filtering for "All" users.

Please check if you get any objects in it and activate it prior to new Imports.

PFA screenshot for reference:

Regards,

Azhar

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suparna,

Once you import your S/W component into your QA , double click on your s/w component in QA system, it will show in top right corner there you would be able to see "display imported object" click on it and then activate.

Rgds..!!

Naveen

banersu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Azhar,

Nothing Open is found in my changed list.

activated every thing still faced the issue.

@Naveen

If possible please attache screenshot. I am not getting this kind of option in Pi 7.3.

Thanx in advance.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suparna,

Seems some strange system issue.

Can you try the following & check:

1. Create a new namespace (with a different name) for the namespace thats in issue..in Dev

2. Copy your objects from old to new namespace in Dev

3. Activate it in Dev

4. Export the new namespace and import it in QA sys

Regards,

Azhar

banersu
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanx a lot

It is working

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suparna ,

If you have selected Include deleted objects option while transporting then the objects will get deleted.

Thanks