cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value mapping Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDG Gurus,

We are implementing Customer and Vendor Master for a client. They have two Systems suppose ECC1 and Ecc2. Now We are deploying MDG Box on ECC1. We have done a comparision between ECC1 and ECC2 and found there are many entries which required to be value mapped. To explain it better we have n number of tables such as TVAST, T001, T880 and so on. so when we compared these tables in corresponding systems ECC1 & 2 we found many values which are different in ECC2. Since we are deploying MDG Box on ECC1 we do not have an issue with Values in ECC1 but how to maintain the values which are different in ECC2 so that we have a sync. Can you please guide me on this.? I have gone through the document available but it did not help me much to arrive at any solution.

Please help .

Regards,

Arn.mitz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Am

Please nclarify below points

1. Are you trying to use add on as well as standalone deplyopment options at a time? (means you are mean to say that they are going to use ECC1 as MDG Hub as well as operational ECC (For daily business transactions) and ECC2 as operational ECC (For daily business transactions) only?
  2. Are you maintaining different configuration data in ECC1 and ECC2?
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

as far as my understanding goes, we will be having ECC1 as the MDG HUB and all CR and activities will be applied to that system and later be synchronized with ECC2.

Most of the configuration data is same however for few config tables we did find some variations and required to be value mapped. So was just trying to understand how to achieve that.

Regards,

Arnab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Am

As per above post your deployment option is Standalone (ECC1 as MDG Hub and ECC2 as Target System)

My Next question is any particular reason to configuration in ECC1 which is MDG Hub? As per general practise configuration is always carried out in target system (ECC2) and then these congiguration data is imported in MDG Hub (ECC1) by file upload method o\r doing synchronization for customation at real time basis with the help of Solution Manager.

Customizing Synchronization between MDG and ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay ,

I guess I did not explain the situation well in earlier post. Let me rephrase it again below

Actually we are having Hub Approach and not co deployment, so we have ECC1 (Hub) and there are 2 Inbound and outbound systems i.e. ECC2 and ECC3,We will be taking all the Config from ECC 2 to ECC 1 so that ECC1 can be replica of ECC2 then we need to transfer the difference between ECC2 and ECC3 to ECC1 so that we have all the configurations in ECC1 So in that case, we have many Reference tables for which the Value Mapping needs to be done  So ECC2 and ECC3 are our inbound systems before initial load and after that, they will become the target systems as well.

Regards,

Arnab

former_member188878
Active Contributor