IDoc to File Scenario File has to be created in a particular interval

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario: IDoc to XML File

PI version :7.31

Processing Type: Local Processing

I have a requirement to create a file at target directory in a interval of a minute.

e.x: if ECC triggers 5 Idoc at the same time, PI has to create 5 XML file at the target directory in a interval of a minute for each file i.e process first file to target directory and wait for a minute to process second file  and so on. file can be processed at any sequence.

Regards,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make QOS as EOIO.

You could try using an OS script in the file sender channel to do `ls -l | tail -1` before a message is created.

use serialization using BPM to send files in sequence.

refer below links.

SAP Library - Unbounded Processes (Integration Processes)

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

1. Make the outbound Idoc trigger program to insert a wait time and use EOIO.
  2. Develop a module which inserts a wait time and use EOIO.

Regards

Varun

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

I was wondering your problem and you can set the communication with EOIO quality of service to take all the messages in one queue later you can try with OS system command to do the delay as Mustafa explains here

This scenario seems to be ideal for ccBPM or NW BPM.

Regards.

former_member189440
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Create one more dummy scenario to process the files in the gap of minute.

Idoc to file/FTP and then file/FTP to target directory where you need to place the files in the gap of one minute.

Please reward some points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards

Uday Suvvada

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

The Requirement is , PI need to write only one file in the target directory at a time,  if PI process 3 messages then 3 files should be created at target in 3 minutes with the interval of a minute per file.

according to your suggestion, If ECC triggers 5 IDoc then scenario one will create 5 files in the directory and second scenario will pick all these 5 files at one shot and write it at target directly at the same time.

(Requirement is to create a file at the directory in different interval)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mani ,

Instead of handling this at PI level . I guess you should handle this as ECC Idoc level witht he help of ABAP team.

They can enhance the logic for idoc creation to create idocs after an interval of one minute and send to PI for processing.

The ABAP statement which can help is ; WAIT UP TO 60 SECONDS.

Thanks

Gaurav

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I don't think there is any standard option or config available in channel to achieve this. Btw what is the reason for processing the files exactly after 1 min?

If its not so critical, you can use the standard config options in the Receiver channel itself..like Add Counter / Add Time Stamp options inorder to differentiate the files.

Configuring the Receiver FTP Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Also you can add Idoc numbers to the filename using Variable Substitution / ASMA configs, if required.

Regards,

Azhar