cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material tax classification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our 4.6.c system, when I change the material tax classification on the Sales org. 1 screen the change is copied into other sales org's as well.

Is this a standard SAP feature, or is our system modified? If not, why is the material tax classification then maintained at the Sales org. 1 screen ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Actually it should not happen like that.means changing the tax classification in one sales organisation for which same value is updating in the other sales organisation.its not standard functionality.hope the values are not properly getting updating in the table entry level.

Yes tax will be maintained at sales organisation level in material master record and its a country specific also.

hope this clear you doubts,pl reward if really helpful.

regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx.

This confirms that our installation has a modification somewhere. I will investigate it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

what ever the tax you are maitaining in the Sales Organisation 1 screen that will be carried to next screen.for example if you are maintaining The plant data in Sales Organisation 1 Screen that will be got updated in other screens like Sales General Data View.This is Standard SAP Feature.

Because this will comes from the Configuration of Materil Tax Classification in OVK4 Transaction.

Reward Points if this is Really Helpful,

Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

Former Member

Hi,

The issue is not that the tax class is carried into other screens. I am aware of this feature.

The issue is that the tax class is copied between different sals org's for the same material. F.ex if change tax class from 0 to 1 to a material for sales org 1000, when I then display the same material for sales org 2000 the tax class is also changed here from 0 to 1. Is this standard SAP behaviour? I thought that tax class is maintained on sales org level?