Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can notify hours of equipment in CAT´S

gocho14
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Fellows,

I need to know how I can notify hours of equipment in CAT´S, actually I know how to notify hours of woerkforce in CATS trough transaction CAT2, but I can´t change the criteria of entry in this transaction.

In CAT2 the system require personal number to refer an a employe but... How I can entry any activity class or another criteria as work centre

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cesar,

The main purpose CATS is a part of Business Package for Employee Self-Service , where you can maintain the time sheet for the personal numbers. So it was integrated with PM/PS/PP for further access.

As of now you cannot confirm machine hours in CATS module. If you check the Data Entry Profile Config also there is no option to choose machines.

For Machines, you need to have a different Work Centre type and confirm accordingly, so this will be used to calculated the capacity and relevant stuff.

In PM you can use IW41

In PS you can use via activity confirmation

In PP Entering Completion Confirmations - Process Orders (PP-PI-POR) - SAP Library

Out of this, Best thing is PP.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cesar,

Are you talking about entering time for specific Activity type or Work center ...

If yes, then in KP26 price needs to be maintained for Activity type and Cost center combination.

When any person is booking time against specific Network/Activity, price will be picked up from KP26 for Activity type maintained in Activity and Cost center to which person belongs....

Is this what you are looking for or something else.. Please clarify.

You can alternatively look at CAC1 where Data entry profile that you are using when doing Time reporting is configured and you can modify it according to your specific needs.

Regards

Tushar

gocho14
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar, thanks for you colaboration, however I really I need to know how put time by the machinery trough CAT´S, similary I notify CAT´S to workforce

Thanks in advance

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Cesar,

You cannot book time for Machinery using CATS. You can use Internal Activity within PS to book for time for a machinery and confirming this activity will result in actual hours and cost being posted to your project.

As far as my understanding goes you can only CAT2 for capturing Human resource efforts.

hope it helps.

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cesar,

It is not possible to enter time by the machinery using CATS.

Best way is to use Machinery as Work Center and do the person assignment in Work center and then you can book time.

Regards

Tushar