cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcing DOCX Generation Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At this time we have only two servers in DEV environment, one for Sourcing and the otherone for the DB.  Contract Generation was installed in same Sourcing server as Microsoft .NET based WordService and it's not working (I think) because that architecture requires a separate Windows server.  My question is if we can switch this installation to a Sourcing DOCX Generation Service; if so, what's the proper procedure to do the change.

Thanks,

Omar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Omar,

Can you kindly answer the following..

1. Have you already been using the .NET based Wordservice productively ?

2. What Release of Sourcing and Support pack are you currently on ?

3. Approximately how many templates will you have , if you have been using the .NET WordService Productively ?

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Here are my answers.  I'll appreciate your help.

1. Have you already been using the .NET based Wordservice productively ?

OC: No, it never works.  Verification of the installation (section 5.7.5 on Installation Guide SAP Sourcing 9.0 Oracle) is not showing service desciption page.  By other hand, we are getting "The markup in the document preceding the root element must be well-formed" error message in SAP CLM NW log when we try to upload a docx document.

2. What Release of Sourcing and Support pack are you currently on ?

OC: Application Version 9.0.05.00

3. Approximately how many templates will you have , if you have been using the .NET WordService Productively ?

OC: We have not been using .NET WordService Prodectively, but number of contract document templates will be around 50.

Thanks,

Omar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Omar,

The new DOCX WordService is available from 9.0 SP11.  When you upgrade to this Support Pack you don't have to do anything and can start using the New DOCX WordService (except if you have a lot templates in .doc format that you would want to be converted).

The new DOCX WordService runs in the same application server where SAP Sourcing is installed and will not need the separate Windows Server. There is no need to install/configure anything. Please refer the upgrade notes and a blog on SCN for additional details..

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

So, We'll be able to use New DOCX WordService once we upgrade SAP Sourcing to 9.0 SP11. But I just want to confirm couple configurations: a) We'll use same contractgen.serviceurl property; and b) We need to turn contractgen.wordservice.enabled to false.  Let me know if I'm missing any further step.

Thanks,

Omar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Omar,

You will no longer need the URL.. (unless you need to migrate - then follow instructions in the note). The property should be set to 'FALSE'.

Prasad

Answers (0)