cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-S 7.0 Number range in HUB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement wherein MDG-S is on Hub, and goal is to keep the ECC vendor number(separate target system) and MDG vendor number(source system) same. The users will be creating vendors in ECC as well as in MDG and same number range will be used by both.

The settings that we intend to use

MDG BP        MDG VENDOR   ECC VENDOR

Internal            External                Internal

Is there any way, wherein upon activation of the change request, the BP is created, then we find next available number in ECC, use that to create the MDG Vendor, then send this data to ECC to create the vendor.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik

If you keep same internal number range for BP number in BUCF and same in XKN1 then is is possible so that you can create ECC vendors also in same number range sequance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is to keep vendor numbers in MDG-HUB and Vendor numbers in client ERP(external system) in synch. Users will keep creating vendors using MDG-HUB as well as client ERP.

This is not same as keeping the BP number and Vendor number in synch in MDG. Is key mapping the only available option?

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kartik,

you can achieve this by replicating the Vendor from MDG to ECC,but you have to make sure that number range on ECC should be External with same number,so that ECC can accept the number coming from MDG.

Regards

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

But we want to keep ECC VENDOR number range internal, make no changes to existing configuration.

The number range settings that we intend to use

MDG-hub BP        MDG-hub VENDOR            ECC VENDOR

Internal            External/Internal                Internal

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ECC will not accept the incoming number ranges for internal number range if the number range consumed and more ever the number is already present in MDG file and hence internal will not support you have make it as external.

One more option try Define Number Ranges for Customer Account Groups per Target System settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I decided to use Key mapping approach. Will I still need to setup Define Number Ranges for Customer Account Groups per Target System settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik

In Key mapping apporach MDG Hub number range (MDG created Customer) and Target ECC number range are different.

Define Number Ranges for Customer Account Groups per Target

Use

In this IMG activity you define number ranges for customer account
     groups per target system.

This allows you to override the standard settings for the distribution,
     so that you can distribute customer master data via ALE into the target
     systems, with the numbers of the customers in the target system being
     different from the corresponding numbers in the hub system.

Depending on your entries you can override the customer numbers in the
     target system, the account group in the target system or both:

o   To override the customer numbers you have to enter a number range
          object and a number range.

o   To override the account group you have to enter an account group.

o   To override the customer numbers and the account group you have to

make entries in all fields.

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kartik,

Key Mapping is somthing that you are trying to Map the MDG fields Via structure to DB tables,I guss will not be help ful.But you can try the Value mapping options and do let me also know the outcome.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the underlying tables used for key mapping? Also how do CREMAS IDOCs from MDG use the key mapping table, do they replace the vendor number on LIFNR and how about partner functions? Also on Search Vendor screen is the key mapping view available?

Any document available for getting to know key mapping functionality in detail?

Thanks in advance,

Kartik.