Folders Concept in SAP PI
I have created folders in ID and added common Channels used in different interfaces.
1. When I find the Where used list of that channel, I couldnot find the Folder listed in it?
2. If we transport the communication channel along with config objects, will it be grouped under the same folder in target system. If yes, How is the folder info copied while transport.
Please help me out in understanding this.
Azhar Shaikh replied
1. If you have Folders & Configs both in ID, you can either transport your objects using Folder or Configs (containing all objects)
2. If you transport using Config, the folder view will not be available in target (you need to manually create a folder & move objects to folder manually)
3. On the contrary, if you transport your Folder (containing all objects in it) it will get moved to target sys and you can see all the objects auto grouped under your folder in target system