cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria directory substitusions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question/problem with Afaria directory substitutions.

We have our internal Active Directory configured in Afaria, I created the exchange policy and also the substitution variables. I enrolled my device and everything is working fine. That means the exchage account is configured right without enter some sys substitutions...

But we have also a customer that have bound his AD via an end2end VPN tunnel, and here I can see the Dir substitutions only if I do an manually apply policies. The problem is he get the exchange policy with totally wrong informations. I need to put the device out of the group press apply policies (the exchange account dissapears) after that I can see the right substitutions in the device summary. Then I put the device in the group again and the exchange account was configured properly.

Does anybody know what happens here? Is there maybe some latency problem or something?

Thanks

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keith_nunn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Michael.

If this is reproducible on-demand then it's probably best to open a support case about it.

That said, directory variables not populating and populating with the wrong information are very different issues.  If the variables are populating with the wrong information then it seems it's pulling from either the wrong domain or potentially corrupting the data in memory.  If it's just not populating the variables then the device may show unexpected formats (e.g. - e-mail may show as "domain\user@domain.com") but the general data would still be proper despite the formatting issue.

An example of the wrong values as compared to the proper ones would be good to determine which scenario applies.  If it's the latter, there is a possibility that Afaria is delivering the payload before the variables have had a chance to populate.  That would be a bug, if so.  There is also a chance that the initial pull of the directory variables is timing out and that Afaria can eventually retrieve them but only after the policy has been delivered initially, just due to timing.

If you're using AD but have not specified a port in your server address field or are using a custom LDAP port, you may wish to try the Global Catalog port (3268 or 3269/SSL) to see if the search returns more quickly and is able to populate on the first push.

Thanks,

Keith Nunn
SAP Active Global Support
SAP Canada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Yes it is defenitely reproduceable...

The substitution variables are OK, the values are correct.

I think it is a bug... I created already a Ticket

Thank you

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have seen the DIR variables to be only populated at the second Apply Policies... And as you say this kind of breaks the purpose 😞