Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch strategy and customer specifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I would know if it's possible or what's the better way to do this request :

• I would like to store customer specification in the system (customer info-record I suppose)
  • during the delivery, the batch strategy determines which material batch corresponding to my specifications or other class rules
  • if the selected batch doesn't answer to specifications, an inspection lot is created and the good issue is not allowed
  • else if the selected batch answer to specifications, the good issue is authorized

Thanks for your help. And eventually the main lines to do that.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A part of my requisition is solved.

Batch determination and lot inspection have not the same rules.

I can't use the same information (customer classification) for batch determination and specification rules.

For my request, I need to do by another way.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could.  Once you build the specification in the batch determination, you could use a user exit to "build" your inspection lot.

Since we now have flexibile specifications functionality, you could create the inspection lot, and then when using a user eixt, add/update the required customer tests to the lot as "additional tests" and set the specs to match the batch determination values.

The development wouldn't be easy, but it could be done.

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have pretty much desscribed SAP standard batch determination.  You create the "spec" as a batch search strategy record for your customer/material combination.

For your 3rd bullet, you wouldn't be able to creaete an inspection lot from the batch determination.   Wha would you test?  Your exisitng batches already don't meet the requirements.  What is an inspection lot going to do for you?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

The inspection lot will block the good issue, and another service can authorize the good issue by taking the Usage decision.

In fact, we have 2 levels of specification.

If level 1 is correct : go on.

if level 1 is not correct, select level 2 and ask for an authorization to deliver

That's why I wanted to use inspection lot.

Christophe

former_member191663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the setting in the customer info record 'Quality Inspection' tab, there are 3 cases.

1. Before delivery: In this case inspection lot is created and PGI is not allowed untill usage decision is completed.

2. After Delivery: In this case inspection lot is created and PGI is allowed even if usage decision is not done.

3. By Customer: In this case inspection lot is not created even though respective inspection type is maintained in the material master.

Case mentioned by you is different and is not possible in standard SAP. Hence you need to do the enhancement to cater your requirement.

Best Regards,

Gururaj Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gururaj

In case 1, is it possible to take the UD in automatic and let the delivery go on. Or it's necessary to go out the delivery to take the UD.

Christophe

former_member191663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to go out of delivery and take UD and complte PGI for delivery.

Best Regards,

Gururaj Kulkarni

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Typically, the CSR would change the batch selection in the order and look at what is failing for the customer.  Than while on the phone with the customer, they would get the verbal customer authorization.  They would save the batch selection changes into the order at this time so they can be referred back to at any time.  You could than have a report or document built that could be printed/fax/emailed to the customer getting their sign off on the changes. This is then added back to the order as a PDF under services for object once the customer returns it signed.

Then the shipment is made.

Craig